• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using SSD to export/render faster?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Samsung T5 because I've seen that people have been able to speed up their render and export process, but I haven't noticed any difference when working on my projects. I have the footage and premiere pro projects in my drive, but it still doesn't show much of a difference when exporting. Is there a correct way to go about using an SSD to speed up workflow? I also use a MacBook Pro Late 2016 Touch Bar by the way if that helps. Thank you!

[Moderator note: moved to best forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To render, it is more important that you have a GPU compatible with the Mercury Playback Engine acceleration, either with CUDA, OpenCL or Metal in the exclusive case of Mac, because rendering is a very complex process that does not require so much disk speed but rather GPU + CPU power. The SSD is efficient to read files faster, start the operating system in less time, open applications, etc. Or maybe if you use it as Media Cache Files to accelerate the previous ones.

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-06 a la(s) 12.19.52 a. m..png

Here you can check Adobe's white list of compatible video cards with Premiere Pro

https://helpx.adobe.com/en/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 10.16.10 PM.pngI render with OpenCL. I don't see my video card on the list that you sent me. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU is actually used mostly on the effects on the list of GPU Accelerated Effects :

List of GPU accelerated effects: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/effects.html

Outside of those, which are mainly things like Lumetri, Warp, and some others ... many sequences don't involve the GPU hardly at all. https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bill%20Gehrke Bill Gehrke has needed to explain that I don't know how many times on the  Hardware forum and here. His PPBM8 site, and the test of that name, is a very good way to figure out where your rig is doing good, and where it's got issues. With a real-life export out of PrPro while logging apps monitor every subsystem of your computer. Comparing the data there is the one way to find out exactly how your rig stacks up against many, many other computers in each area ... and pointing out where a hardware change is worth doing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow this route of the image inside Premiere Pro...

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-06 a la(s) 14.43.58.png

and if you do not have active the window to select another type of acceleration Mercury Playback Engine that is not only Software Only, definitely your card does not serve for acceleration.

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-06 a la(s) 14.44.27.png

If your card is used for acceleration then you will have the options OpenCL and also Metal, select one of them and that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines