• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video codec missing

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after upgrading to Classsic I took some videos with iPhone 8 and imported to Classic. Now I get message that video codec is missing.   How do I fix so I can see videos.  Running OS X 10.12. Files ok in Preview.

Thanks for help

dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Hi Dan,

The high efficiency video coding format (HEVC) is not currently supported by Lightroom. Please let me know if you are in fact shooting  this format (iOS Settings->Camera->Formats), and if so, try shooting and then importing in another one.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know for sure if this is still the case, but it used to be that installing Apple's free QuickTime application would resolve some of these issues - I'd suggest  trying it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Laura - downloaded and installed QT7 and it would not play these videos.  iTunes will play the audio but no video shows.  Handbrake will read the file and convert it to mp4, then QT will play. 

Videos taken 4K-30.  Just tried one at 1080@60 and it had the same behavior.

Also, tested old videos (imported prior to Classic upgrade and not taken by iPhone 8+) and these still play in LR.

Next imported Handbrake converted file (in mp4) and this plays in LR.

Summary - it appears that the iPhone 8+ videos (.mov) are different are not supported by either QT7, LR, iTunes (audio only supported).  I am now officially confused.

I do NOT want to have to go through Handbrake and convert each video prior to importing in LR.  I can't believe this problem is mine only

Thanks

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear it, Dan. I'll see if I can get more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

Is is there anything else I should try?

btw. Getting new system tomorrow and will running 10.13 then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm checking on it, Dan - I'll get back to you, hopefully in a little while. It may be that Lightroom doesn't support high efficiency video coding (HEVC), but I'll see if there is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  Was not trying to rush, just suggesting this may be a moot issue with a new machine and operating system.  Will probably take a few days to get squared away and will test again. 

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

The high efficiency video coding format (HEVC) is not currently supported by Lightroom. Please let me know if you are in fact shooting  this format (iOS Settings->Camera->Formats), and if so, try shooting and then importing in another one.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct and have now changed it back. Sorry for the dumbness and thank you for your help.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Dan - I learned from your post as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines