• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2018 "Purchasing Error" - trying to download free stock.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm not able to access any free designs, sets and stock in Illustrator CC 2018.

I get this error message: "Purchasing Error. Sorry, something went wrong when trying to licence the template. Please try again."

They are all marked as "FREE", so I'm not sure why I can't access them.

I tried the below suggestion from the Adobe forum, logged in/out of Adobe CC and rebooted PC. Nothing is working.

1. Verify that you have no pending updates for your Creative Cloud applications
  2. Reboot your system
  3. Locate the  one of the following directories on your system and delete it:
    • Mac: /Users/{yourusername}/Library/Caches/Adobe/CCX Welcome/stock
    • Win: C:\Users\{yourusername}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CCX Welcome\stock

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

You should be able to access free assets and license them, are your library items synced and works fine from illustrator (try that creative cloud icon from your library panel pane to force sync)?  Normally, staying up to date with cc apps + removing those temporary preview directory solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's have you try to update CC apps and Ai (if you haven't done so yet).  And also meantime - you can login to Stock web directly and download those free assets - Stock photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos | Adobe Stock  - and locate/license free assets that you wanted - there is no separate filter for free assets so use keywords to narrow down your search. 

Regards

Joon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joon. I've updated the CC apps. Any chance of fixing the issue so that I'm able to access the free stock inside Illustrator?

Thanks,

Bridget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to access free assets and license them, are your library items synced and works fine from illustrator (try that creative cloud icon from your library panel pane to force sync)?  Normally, staying up to date with cc apps + removing those temporary preview directory solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started