• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Draw has become unresponsive

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i realize this has been posted before but I’m having problems with the draw app freezing and crashing. I rarely get the option to open a project. I’ve tried some of the other suggestions with no success. My iPad is updated to the latest iOS. What can be done to fix this problem?

thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Elliott.

I'm going to email you from my Adobe account with instructions about how to send me a crash log. In the meantime, sign in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud  and tell me how many shapes you have in any one Capture library?  I don't need you to be too specific, just a general number like "more than 30" or "more than 100."

Keep an eye out for an email from me.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EM.

I'm sorry the app's not working. I have a few questions:

* What version of the app are you using? (Tap the Settings icon in the lower nav then About Draw)

* What generation iPad are you using?

* Is this a new occurrence? In other words, have you been using the app for a long period of time and all of a sudden are unable to use it without it crashing? Any information about when you began having trouble will be helpful.

* At what point does the freezing/crashing begin? As soon as you open it? When you start drawing? Any information will be helpful.

* Do you use Capture CC shapes in the app?

* Can you see all your Draw work when you sign in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud?

Please let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I have iOS 11.2 on an iPad pro.

I'm running the current update on Draw but I can't access info through settings. It doesn't do anything when I try to access settings. In fact, in trying to do so the app just crashed. Again.

Yes, it is new and began happening within the past week, although I also hadn't used the app in a couple weeks previously.

I can see my work but can't open anything. The app will usually open but then freezes, preventing me from opening a file or starting a new one. Usually after trying to open a file it crashes.

Yes, I can see work file in Adobe Creative Cloud.

Thank you very much for your help with this - I really appreciate it.

Elliott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elliott.

One thing you didn't mention: Are you using Capture CC shapes in Draw?

Also, by any chance have you begun or continued working on a complex (something with a lot of layers, a lot of strokes, etc.) drawing in the past week?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elliott.

One other thing: I might want you to pull a crash log for me, but let me know about Capture and any complex drawings first.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

No, I don't believe I was working on anything complex. It may have involved CC shapes but I'm not certain of that.

Elliott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elliott.

I'm going to email you from my Adobe account with instructions about how to send me a crash log. In the meantime, sign in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud  and tell me how many shapes you have in any one Capture library?  I don't need you to be too specific, just a general number like "more than 30" or "more than 100."

Keep an eye out for an email from me.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

I replied to you in a different thread -- I'm having the same issue. One of my libraries has 530'ish items in it including color pallets, brushes, patterns, and vector drawings.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tim.

Shapes are the key. How many do you have in a single library?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, Sue. Maybe I'm missing where to find the shapes. My library has the following:

Brushes: 36

Looks: 8

Patterns: 12

Graphics: 430

That's probably an excessive # of graphics huh? What's the best practice for managing a library of shapes/graphics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim,

I think we're talking about the same thing. Shapes = Graphics. They're called Graphics on assets.adobe.com and in the apps, but in Capture they're referred to as shapes. They're basically vector captures.

The Draw team is working on a bug that causes the app to hang then freeze then crash when trying to load an excessive amount of shapes. It's something that will definitely be fixed in an update next year but in the meantime here's how you can handle it.

You don't have to delete the Shapes/Graphics but you do have to spread them out.  Instead of having all 430 Shapes/Graphics in single library they must be moved into about 10 separate libraries.

It's a bit time consuming, to move them but easy to do. My suggestion is to do it on a laptop/desktop computer rather than a mobile device. Here's what to do:

* Go to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries

* Tap on the library with your shapes; the screen it opens on will show all of that libraries assets

* Each asset has a small pulldown triangle in the lower right corner. Click on that.

* From the menu that opens choose either Archive (if you no longer want the shape) or Move (to move the shape to a new library)

* After clicking on Move, a new menu will open with the ability to drop the shape into an existing library or to create a new one.

You'll want to create about 10 additional libraries (each with about 40 shapes). You only have to be concerned with shapes. No other Capture assets are problematic. This will resolve the crashing you're experiencing.

Let me know if you have ANY trouble moving assets or ANY questions.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

Just to let you know: I followed your instructions, and the app works correctly now! Thank you so much!

Tim & Franicia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TimAndFrancia.

Oh good. I'm so glad everything's working correctly again.

Thanks for letting me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines