Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Quiz Results Screen

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Captivate 9

I'd like to customize the results page at the end of a quiz to display the numbers 1 to 20 (representing the 20 questions in the quiz) and indicate if each question was answered correctly or incorrectly.

So for example, if they answered #2 and #10 incorrectly, then on the results page, the learner would see the word "incorrect" or a red X next to #2 and #10 but the word "correct" or a green checkmark next to all of the others.

Is this possible?  If so, how do I go about doing it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a possible work flow:

• On the score slide create a shape next to each question with two states. The state 'correct' shows what you want for the correct answers, and the state 'wrong' for the incorrect answers. Label those shapes, to make them easiy to identify. I will use labels Checkmark_01, Checkmark_02...... Checkmark_20. Be sure to check the option 'Retain state .....4
  • Create two shared actions, the first to be triggered by the Success action of the Quiz slide, the second by the Last Attempt action.
    • Shared action "Success" :
      Change state of Checkmark_01 to correct      italic words will be parameters
      Go to Next Slide
    • Shared action "Failure"

Change state of Checkmark_01 to wrong     italic words will be parameters
      Go to Next Slide

You cannot do this with simple actions because they don't allow to change states for objects which are not on the same slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources