• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommendations to learn Photoshop CC

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC Classic and Photoshop CC 2018.  I am really just using Lightroom for my photos being somewhat intimidated by Ps. 

I would like to learn how to use Ps integrated with use of Lr. 

What do people recommend for courses and books to learn Photoshop CC.  I really want to learn about layers, masking, and other tools to further augment my photos and to get more creative.

Is the Lynda.com course (Julieanne Kost) good? 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

The Quckstart guides and the Classroom in a Book series are good, as are the online video tutorials from Pluralsight.com and Lynda.com (you can get a 30-day free trial with Lynda.com).

And of course you can ask specific questions on this friendly forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Quckstart guides and the Classroom in a Book series are good, as are the online video tutorials from Pluralsight.com and Lynda.com (you can get a 30-day free trial with Lynda.com).

And of course you can ask specific questions on this friendly forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynda.com and colin smiths video with http://www.photoshopcafe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure where you are located or if you have access to any community college programs. I teach an online Photoshop class for a local community college. Taking a class like mine is a great structured way to learn the application. I use Photoshop Classroom in a Book for the course, but the book is just a small fraction of the learming. I’ve recorded hours of video lecture tutorials for specific tools and techniques, and we have live online critique sessions four times during the semester. If you have time and access for a class like this, I highly recommend it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on where you live, your local library may offer free access to Lynda.com. Larger city libraries usually do.

Mine does! Get a free library card, and start learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i Think you can start to read the user guide.

its full of useful link and video in order to better comprehend the arguments..it is free.

what else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote here for Lynda.com. The courses are split into nice short sections with material to use when following alomg. I would recommend though either following on a multiscreen set up or using a separate device (e.g. a tablet) to watch the video whilst using Photoshop on the PC.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you had already a lot of very good advices.  Would add this video too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqKHo1Q7OMc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone.  Best wishes this Holiday Season.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines