• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional build tags for TOC in Robohelp X5

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2008 Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Can we apply conditional build tags for TOC in robohelp X5. I know this feature exists in robohelp X6 and x7. But as i am working on x5, i want to know whether we can apply conditional build tags for TOC. if yes, whats the process?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, balincoln

X5 doesn't offer that capability. Perhaps if you can explain what you hope to achieve, we can offer a workaround.

Note that if you assign a build tag to a topic and that topic is excluded from the build, it is also removed from the TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rick, Thank you for replying fast. What my issue actually is. For example: I have a book named privileges(book with a link to topic privileges), under that i have another book name Billing(Book without any link). Under billing book, i have some pages. First i kept conditional build tag for privileges topic and generated the output, but the book is visible in the TOC. when i click on privileges, nothing is being displayed as i have kept conditional build tag for the privileges topic. Later, i kept conditional build tags for all the topics under billing. Now i generated the output. Now the privileges book is not being displayed in the toc of the generated output. is it not possible in x5 that i can keep conditional build tag directly for the book. coz it would be difficult if i need to put conditional build tags for all the topics under a book? Waiting for your reply

Regards,
Abraham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Abraham

Okay, so you have a book named Privileges. It is linked to a topic named the same, right? And inside this book is a book named Billing. I'm guessing your TOC structure would look like this:

* Privileges
**** Billing
******** Topic one
******** Topic two

You seem confused that the Privileges book doesn't disappear when you exclude the Privileges topic. If that were to happen, would you also want the Billing book and all topics inside to disappear? Because if the Privileges book were to be removed, anything and everything inside the book would also be removed.

Indeed to remove a book you need to coax all topics linked inside (or inside sub books) to disappear too.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rick,
You got my points. Thats what i want. I want to keep a conditional build tag to the privileges book so that i dont want any of the books or topics under the privileges book to be displayed. Is there a method where in i can keep a conditional build tag directly for the Book, instead of keeping for all the topics.. I got the solution. But i am searching for a better solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Abraham Lincoln.B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 17, 2008 Dec 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'd try creating two TOCs, "hiding" one of them, and swapping them out as needed.

MyProjectFolder
...!SkinSubFolder!
...!SSL!
... MyProject.hhc
...other project files, topics, images, etc.
...MyTocFolders
......PrivilegesToc
......... MyProject.hhc
......BillingToc
......... MyProject.hhc

Note that each .hhc must be named the same as your project, therefore the two folders to keep them separate and easily identifiable. As needed, then, you would move one or the other to the root of your project and generate your output. Of course, you'll need to keep a constant watch over whether you're actually using the correct one before you generate a specific version, but at least this would save you from conditional hell!

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp