• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracé non vectorisé illustrator vers contour (calque de forme)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FR

Bonjour, je souhaite importer un tracé Illustrator CC non vectorisé en contour dans After Effects CC, mais quand  je le transforme en calque de forme il apparaît en "fonds" et non pas en "contours". J'ai besoin de contours pour une animation raccorder les tracés. Comment faire ? Merci.

EN

Hello, I want to import a non-vectorised Illustrator CC path in After Effects CC, but when I transform it into a shape layer it appears in "backgrounds" and not in "outlines". I need outlines for an animation to connect the tracks. How to do ? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are realyl expecting. The function works as advertised. Shape layers cannot contain pixel elements and AE has no magic way of vectorizing pixel data in AI files. You have to do the necessary preparations in AI already. Your whole workflow is crooked.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if it wasn't clear : I have a shape created in illustrator, which is in "outlines", I didn't vectorize it (see image)

Capture d’écran 2017-12-07 à 11.26.07.png

I imported it in After Effects and did right click > convert to shape (my Adobe is in French so sorry if it is unclear)

Capture d’écran 2017-12-07 à 11.27.41.png

then when it's done I have a shape composed of backgrounds, not outlines like it should be...

Capture d’écran 2017-12-07 à 11.28.30.png

And when it's like this I can't do the path animation correctly...

Capture d’écran 2017-12-07 à 11.30.18.png

Capture d’écran 2017-12-07 à 11.30.36.png

So I either want to import my shape in outlines layers, either find a "clean" way to animate it like the illustration is drawn.

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still seems to me you simply don't understand how shape layers and things like fills, strokes and the trim paths option work and frankly playing coy with us and zooming into your design infinitely to hide its content is not useful. I would suggest you start digging into your shape layer paths and organize them properly into groups. It really might not hurt for you to watch some tutorials on this stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I'm unclear for you but this doesn't mean you have to be agressive. I'm here to ask for help, not play around, I have better things to do and I hope you do too ^^ .....

So ! I understand how trim path works, you set a beginning and or end value from 0 to 100% to animate it like it's "drawn". This is exactly like this animation here found in a random AE tutorial : after effects tutorial : Cartoon lines animation - YouTube

The lines draw themselves thanks to the trim path feature.

Now because I zoomed to illustrate what I said doesn't mean I hid my design purposedly, and even if I did this is not, I think, an issue in my question.

I will ask again, differently :

I have a path in illustrator, that I drew with the feather (and once again I don't know the english name of the features and tools). This path isn't vectorised (by the menu vectorize path/vectorize outlines), it's as it was created.

After saving the .ai, I import it in AE and transform the layer in shapes. I have all my groups etc but this isn't a problem. What we have to pay attention to here is not the number of groups in my shape layer, it's the "add > trim path" and the "background color". All my shape was transformed with a white background and not a white outline as it was in Illustrator. So when I begin playing with the features of trim path (beginning/end), obviously it fills the background and it doesn't animate like in my example earlier.

My point is : how to import a path that was in an "outline" state in Illustrator in AE without it changing state ? I had an outline path, I want a shape layer with outlines and not backgrounds.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je ne sais pas si j'ai bien compris ta question mais en gros: Le tracé que tu as créé dans illustrator tu le copies (ctrl+C), tu crées un solide dans AE  et tu le colles (ctrl+V) . Tu mets un effet trait à ton solide (cet effet  est trait bien tu verras) et hop t'as un tracé qui s'anime.

Dans le filtre n'oublies pas de choisir Transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solve this issue yet, amathieu2? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines