• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused by Photoshop CC and Photoshop Elements 2018

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I just bought a Photoshop elements 2018 last week from Bestbuy, and tried a online download to install into my Mac.  However, when I installed it, the link was always pointing me to the photoshop CC downloading, so I installed it, and activated it with Ser number generated by code on software box.  But today, my account warms me that 7 days trail for photoshop CC is due.  This confused me very much - did I do something wrong? how can I fix it?  thanks a lot.    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the screen in Elements to input your serial number? If not, find elements on your machine and launch it. It should either run its own 7 day trial or ask for the serial number. You'll get the serial number from the original package you bought at Best Buy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mike! Finally it was solved by downloading a PS Elements 2018 from page "elements 2018 family" instead of PS CC page. They are two different products and apparently can't be mixed together - even though they are all called as "Photoshop" - this is what I learnt from past days.  Hope Adobe can state it very clear in its product page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean - for new users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Photoshop Elements is the consumer level version And Photoshop CC is the professional level version. Elements is a powerful little program and offered at a great price. If you need CMYK or other color spaces not available in Elements or some more powerful features then you might consider moving up to Photoshop CC but for now, enjoy Elements!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements owners who want most of Photoshop's imaging options can install ElementsXXL, and 870 functions, normally only available to Photoshop, are made available to Photoshop Element. Including CMYK PDF export, for example.

The Plugin Site - Elements XXL for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines