• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to install previous version - missing from list (screenshot)

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I need to install a previous version of Adobe Premiere (Premiere CC 2015.2) and I have read online documentation on how to do this (and this article), but the strange thing is that the CC app does not list the previous CC 20xx versions prior to 2017. Reading online documentation this is strange, because CC 2016, 2015 etc should be listed here - See screenshots below:

Any help appreciated:)

I'm on Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra) and Creative Cloud app version 4.3.0.256

This is how it looks for me when I choose to install previous versions:

Skjermbilde 2017-12-07 17.29.04.png

... and this is how it looks like in adobe online documentation (and that I really need aswell)

Skjermbilde 2017-12-07 17.28.37.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Hey carl nes,

Adobe Creative Cloud, as you might already know, has moved to native OS support for Dolby Digital decoding (reading Dolby files) and is no longer providing support for encoding (writing) Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus sound formats in the current and future releases of Creative Cloud.

Due to a change in licensing agreement with one of our vendors, Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 isn't available for download.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the Dolby Laboratories patent expired on their codecs ... another user has posted they aren't allowing any company to use their trademark on anything using the now-expired patents. Hence, Adobe had to remove everything showing the Dolby trademark, even 'internally' with the codecs apparently ... is what it seems the situation is.

Which meant they legally had to take down the apps that would have to be significantly altered to comply or get sued.

It's very understandable how this has blown many of us users into trouble. Like most, I'm hoping that they'll get the other apps back in function in a way that complies with Dolby's rather ... stringent ... trademark concerns.

Currently, if you don't have the download from when you originally installed that, well ... that's a big problem. So ... what's the need ... a project last worked in 2015.2?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Neil.

Oh my, this is not good. It's a big documentary project that I worked on in CC 2015.2. It's so packed and complex and a big risk to upgrade to a newer version.

I don't have the download file for 2015.2 (didn't know that was even possible) so not sure how to deal with this now.

Adobe haven't released any statement on the issue?

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no download file on your computer.

Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby

This thread is no longer valid

FAQ: How do I reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 (9.2)?

This is it; no other downloads:

ander versie.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're only current option currently is to have a backup such as time machine to go back to when you had the version you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so understand!

From what information is available ... and it ain't much, requiring some speculative surmise ... and a couple comments from ProDesignTools ... when the patent expired for Dolby's ac3 codec, they also required that all mention of Dolby and or trademarks or something ... be removed from any app utilizing their old codec property. I'm not sure how that was embedded in the codecs or meta or programming code or whatever, but as of that date, companies like Adobe had to scrub their apps of the reference ... it seems.

And clearly, as there's been an absolute silence from both Adobe & Dolby on this ... I would guess that folks in grey suits with no sense of humor and whose concept of "customer service" means a vigorous defense of their client were involved.

This is speculation as again, ain't nobody talking about this past the official statement. But it sounds ... too possible.

I would certainly hope that over some not-too-long period of time, the rest of the CC apps main versions will be modded to comply and re-listed. For that, it would be good to have as many as possible submit the bug/feature request form over this.

Neil

Adobe Bug Report /Feature Request form ...

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope we get more information from Adobe soon. I also filed a bug report.

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont hold your breath.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey carl nes,

Adobe Creative Cloud, as you might already know, has moved to native OS support for Dolby Digital decoding (reading Dolby files) and is no longer providing support for encoding (writing) Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus sound formats in the current and future releases of Creative Cloud.

Due to a change in licensing agreement with one of our vendors, Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 isn't available for download.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, Rameez. Naturally not what I hoped for, and it leaves some questions on how we can trust Adobe on supporting products long term with predictable and consistent workflows. At least my hope is now that CC2018 will be patched up very soon. So many crashes and filing bug reports in current release. I can only speak for myself, but I have concerns doing my next projects on Premiere. I hope to see some change in communication from the development team emphasizing more focus on quality control in your releases.

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Carl,

Naturally not what I hoped for, and it leaves some questions on how we can trust Adobe on supporting products long term with predictable and consistent workflows

It's not been easy for us as a team and big decisions like these are not made every day or every month or even every year. I'm not writing on behalf of Adobe but as a human and a community member, I understand your frustration. If you could provide more information about your issues, we will try to help you with them. FYI, a patch is coming soon (Sorry! No ETA) for Premiere Pro CC (12.0).

I hope to see some change in communication from the development team emphasizing more focus on quality control in your releases.

As Neil suggested, you can share your feedback with the Product Team via the link he shared. Those forms are read and actioned upon by the management.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on when or if Premiere 2015.2 will return or anyone know where to download it? I deleted it days ago thinking I could just go to Adobe and reinstall it. I've been having major problems with the program already with the sequence turning sluggish, this just adds to the problem! We are on a major deadline, and using advanced versions erased all my filters and effects on all my clips saying they are (obsolete). We all need 2015 to return to the download menu! Please consider your customers Adobe and return the much needed option of Premiere 2015 to cloud. I need it desperately to meet deadlines! Please hurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dont hold your breath. Dont think this is ever going to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines