• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how interconnect two points to do a precisely straight line?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible? When I use the pen tool, either it removes the points resulting in a deformation or simply drags the point, also resulting in a deformation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the new line as a new path component within the overall shape path.

So, on the example you show above make sure path operations is set to Combine Shapes then with the pen tool Shift click on the left point to create a new path component in the shape - hold the shift key down and click on the right side (holding shift will give a horizontal line)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, the result was the creation of another point, i almost couldn't notice due to the proximity between the points.

What i want is to target the settled points with precision.

Ex.: the left and right points coordenates are exactly in (500,750) and (1000,750), when i drag the line near both positions should automatically aim me to the exactly point ( in form of square).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It does create a new point - but if you hover over the previous point until the pen tool changes to  "-" then press Shift and click the new point will be over the old.  I do have snap vector tools and transforms to pixel grid checked in Preferences >Tools

See below (zoomed to 600% to check)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, this solve the problem, but its not practical to do it and doing this i got a new problem.

How can i cut the exceeded lane, and why nothing appear on the navigator board?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not sure why you have that extra path point to the left - but you can use the direct selection tool (white arrow) to move it  or the pen tool to delete it.

There is nothing in the navigator panel as you just have a path at present - so no pixels have changed. You will need to either stroke the path, fill the path or turn it into a shape (with an associated fill or stroke) for it to show in the navigator panel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily do this in Illustrator, since it has a "Snap to Point" feature. You would draw your circle, and de-select it. Then hover the Pen near one of the points, and the point will ":Light up", and the Pen point will snap to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have CC2018, try using the Curvature Pen tool

Turn on the grid, and lay down points in Red, Green, blue ord and continue to complete the circle.

Hover over the top point till you see the target icon, and double click.

Repeat for the right hand point.

Note, I am not yet completely up to speed with the Curvature Pen tool, so I might not be using the optimal workflow here, but this does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines