• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-Activation of Illustrator CS3

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system did an update to Windows 10 and now my Illustrator won't start up.  This is CS3, which is ancient, but it is all I need and I paid some $1000 for it when I got it, so I just need to get it going again.

I went through an uninstall / re-install and it gave me a new serial number, but when I re-installed the program (using the link to an install file they provided) when I tried to start it up it already had the old serial and activation numbers.  It then says I need an "authorization code" to activate it.  I have tried all the online resources and the calling center, and nobody can help.  My most recent call with the help center directed me to this forum and said to post the question here.  Seems like along shot to me, but apparently the Adobe helpline can't help fix problems with their own software.

Could someone please help me with how to acquire this Authorization Code"?  I am frozen without it and can't do any work at all.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Cliffe80708500 if you are facing any activation errors, while using the new serial number and installation files, then please delete the cache.db file.  For complete details see Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 on how to remove this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked an older post that said to delete the cache file, which I did.  It then allowed me to enter the new serial number, but it still says I need to re-activate.  When I click on "Re-Activate" it tries for a minute them craps out and says I can retry activating over the internet (which does the same thing - craps out after a minute or so), Adjust Your Internet Connection Settings if you use a Proxy Server (I don't), or "Activate over the telephone".  The phone activation is where I need the Authorization Code.  So I am in exactly the same spot....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cliffe80708500 if you are facing any activation errors, while using the new serial number and installation files, then please delete the cache.db file.  For complete details see Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 on how to remove this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million.  Up and running now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent.  Thanks for the update Cliffe80708500!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines