• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Flash MX .fla with Flash CS6

Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a legacy project made with Macromedia Flash MX and I'd like to open, play and edit it with Flash Pro CS6. Would it be possible? I remember back in 2009-2010 that I couldn't with Flash CS3.

For the moment these are my requirements with CS6 (as it supports AS2). Currently I'm doing those tasks with old Flash MX on Windows 10, I don't plan to move to CC in the near future.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

I just tried opening some old Flash 5 and MX FLAs, in CS6, and it seems to open them ok. I can open them in CS3 as well, so I'm not sure why that would have not worked for you.

So, I would be hopeful that you can work with the files. One possible difficulty is that MX was ActionScript 1, and CS6 can only make AS2 and AS3 documents. But hopefully it will cope with AS1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried opening some old Flash 5 and MX FLAs, in CS6, and it seems to open them ok. I can open them in CS3 as well, so I'm not sure why that would have not worked for you.

So, I would be hopeful that you can work with the files. One possible difficulty is that MX was ActionScript 1, and CS6 can only make AS2 and AS3 documents. But hopefully it will cope with AS1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, I tought Flash MX 2004 was AS2.0 by default. I'll give it a try on CS6 anyway.

Thank you, best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MX 2004 is when AS2 was introduced. MX was the version before that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My mistake, the project's on MX 2004 not MX. Didn't know there was a "MX" only version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines