• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reinstall CS3?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So let me make sure I am clear. The three files on the 'obtain a serial number' page IS the program suite? In other words, my discs are useless and are not needed once I have the new serial number? Is that correct?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Branching to a new discussion.

GonzoF1 you are correct you will no longer need your original installation files.  You will need to use the new serial number and installation files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products .  You do need to retain your original serial number as it is used to prove your eligibility to utilize Creative Suite 3.  I would recommend verifying the serial number is registered to your account at http://www.adobe.com/ GonzoF1.  For complete details regarding th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

GonzoF1 you are correct you will no longer need your original installation files.  You will need to use the new serial number and installation files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products .  You do need to retain your original serial number as it is used to prove your eligibility to utilize Creative Suite 3.  I would recommend verifying the serial number is registered to your account at http://www.adobe.com/ GonzoF1.  For complete details regarding the registration process see Find your serial number .

In addition, GonzoF1, you will want to remove the cache.db file after all Adobe software is removed from the computer.  For more information please see Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply! This will be a new install onto a new machine, therefore, I do not believe (and was unable to locate) the cache.db file in the location specified in other threads. 64 bit: \Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\ That is, unless it is there from the Abobe Acrobat Reader program. Can you confirm this?

Thanks again. I will attempt the install later today (I hope) 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... pulling up this old thread to ask one question:

Since I had an error during my install, I have bought an older machine to run it on. Am I going to have issues installing it or is it a 1-time deal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GonzoF1 once CS3 is installed and licensed there is no further need to enter the serial number in the future.   Please make sure to utilize the new serial number and installation files referenced in message #1 of this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines