• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cursor problem when making selections? [OSX 10.13.1]

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just had an annoying thing pop up just after updating my mac to High Sierra-

Now, when using the marquee tool to make a selection, the selection no longer starts from the center of the crosshairs, but rather above it a bit. I don't think I've changed anything in the photoshop preferences. Strange thing, there were one or two times it worked correctly, then on other files it was behaving wrong again.

This happens when using the polygonal lasso tool as well as the rectangular marquee tool. My cursors are set to full size brush tip and show crosshair in brush tip in the painting mode, and other cursors it's set to precise.

The only change I've made in any settings since installing high sierra has been to turn off tooltips, but I've turned them back on - didn't help.

I'm running a MacBook pro, High Sierra v. 10.13.1, with 8gb of memory. Photoshop CS6.

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ACP-

Thanks for the recommendation, but it didn't work

I did the command-option-shift restart thing, and said don't restore settings. Everything came up with the default settings- and still the same problem. Seems like the selection I make starts at the top of the plus-shaped cursor, instead of the center. I changed the preferences to where they were, and still no help.

Just for the halibut I downloaded photoshop CC to see how that performed, and it was working properly. I just don't want to have to start paying for software monthly or annually when I already own the whole suite.

Thanks tho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and hey- I'm new to this whole forum thing, and now I see you are Peru Bob, and not ACP! Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACP = Adobe Community Professional i.e, not Adobe staff but someone thats knows Adobe products and is recognised as a professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I figured that out right after I sent the message. Like I said, I'm new to this forum thing, and frustrated trying to do simple tasks that I've been doing for years. If I hadn't updated the mac os, probably wouldn't have happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my Dad used to say, "Call me anything that you want.  Just don't call me late for dinner." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update- today I noticed this only happens on a previously saved version- if I go back to camera raw and open it, things work normally. Any ideas- I'm stumped??

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines