• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe so dumb? Integrated Intel Graphics + AMD Radeon HD Graphics

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having some technical problem. Not only on Premiere Pro but on all Adobe Programs!

I have a Radeon HD 7970 that works just fine with Premiere Pro CC 2017, and I have 3 monitors i want to use in my rig. The thing is that the third monitor is plugged on Onboard Integrated Intel Graphics.. Not a problem for me, I just need this third screen for showing me my folders and etc.

The thing comes when I start any Adobe software! It gets my Intel "almost-toy" GPU and COMPLETLY IGNORES my Radeon AMD card,,, I've searched everywhere on the internet for a solution that at least give me the power to select witch card should the software use as Main GPU, but still not finding anything!

Is there a way to do this, or do I have to put my third monitor on the trash just becouse Adobe won't give me the freedom to choose wich GPU to use?

Thanks for the help! !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

You're out of luck there, I'm afraid: All recent versions of Adobe Premiere Pro CC from 2015.3 onwards no longer support switchable graphics (or will no longer allow you to choose the GPU) – but instead will only use the GPU that's designated in the PC as "primary" (which in every single case is the integrated Intel graphics unless that's disabled in the BIOS/EFI or the discrete GPU is selected as the primary GPGPU device in the discrete GPU manufacturer's control panel). Premiere Pro CC 2015.0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're out of luck there, I'm afraid: All recent versions of Adobe Premiere Pro CC from 2015.3 onwards no longer support switchable graphics (or will no longer allow you to choose the GPU) – but instead will only use the GPU that's designated in the PC as "primary" (which in every single case is the integrated Intel graphics unless that's disabled in the BIOS/EFI or the discrete GPU is selected as the primary GPGPU device in the discrete GPU manufacturer's control panel). Premiere Pro CC 2015.0 through 2015.2 did allow a manual GPU selection in the Adobe settings, but those versions are now no longer available from Adobe due to the Dolby trademark licensing issues.

In addition, the HD 7970 might now be too old to be supported in the MPE OpenCL renderer in newer versions (since CC 2017); thus, the GPU selection in Adobe will default to the integrated Intel HD Graphics regardless of any settings. If that were true, then any attempt to run Premiere CC 2017 or 2018 with only the HD 7970 enabled would have resulted in the MPE renderer being "permanently" locked to the software-only mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the repply!

I'm so disapointed with this... Can't believe they won't let us do a choice that simple.
On my BIOS the Radeon GPU is set to primary, but Adobe keeps ignoring it. I hope it's not "the end" and that must be a way to force it to look at my main GPU as I do (with love kkk).

Again, thanks for the informations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

must be a way to force it to look at my main GPU

Don't connect anything to the Intel output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines