• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer counter

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody have or know of a utility to externally count P/S layers?

I have several thousand .psd files and would like to find out how many total layers they contain.

Trying to do such a thing manually would be impossible.

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Layer Count is one of the options in the Info Panel options, so I suspect it will be scriptable

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer Count is one of the options in the Info Panel options, so I suspect it will be scriptable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several thousand .psd files and would like to find out how many total layers they contain.

You need to count total layers in thousands of PSD files? Not just how many layers are in one single PSD?

Should be a feature in Photoshop for this on a single PSD file

Document Layer Count in Photoshop CC 2015.5 « Julieanne Kost's Blog

I don't know of any scripts to count all layers in thousands of PSD files sitting on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's an artwork collection and they were all created with P/S 5.5 & P/S CS2. Is there any kind of external app which would return such a count from the total number of files in a folder [directory]? The total number of layers will probably be in excess of 100,000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script could do that, but each image would have to be opened in PS. I would be slow, but faster than manually counting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't know how to write a script, it's probably worth hiring someone to do it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joef1949  wrote

Does anybody have or know of a utility to externally count P/S layers

imo manually will be faster than making a script

Screenshot (310).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

He wants to count layers in thousands of separate PSD files. Tedious exercise if done manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines