• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Classic to CC 2017 migration

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to a new MacBook pro and I'm trying to migrate my old Lightroom 6 catalog to Lightroom CC.

I've copied over my catalog but I get the same Error message when using the Migrate Lightroom Catalog function in CC

"The Lightroom Classic catalog appears to be an exported catalog or has been copied"

"Please open the catalog in Lightroom Classic, fix any issues, then retry"

I do have missing files in my catalog... is that the problem?

I've tried searching for answers but can't find anyone with the same problem.

Please any help would be much apprecaited.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by "Copied over my catalogue"
In LR CC go to File -> Migrate Lightroom Catalogue.   I would then browse to your original catalogue. 

Here is a page on how Adobe recommends preparing for and migrating from Classic  to CC
Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

Monty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied my Lightroom catalog from my old laptop over to my new machine, then tried to import/migrate it over but I get the error message.

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 9.55.03 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange.  After you copied the catalog to your new machine have you opened it in Classic?  As a first step, I'd try that.  Beyond that, I don't know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You‘d need to upgrade from Lightroom 6 to Lightroom Classic CC (the traditional desktop folder based Lightroom) before migrating a catalog to (the new cloud based) Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got around to upgrading to Lightroom 6 and still no luck. I'm still getting the error message "the lightroom classic catalog appears to be an exported catalog or has been copied"

My current catalog has missing files. Is that what is causing the problem? or can I migrate previews and then re-link the originals?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines