• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere seems to be creating its own (invisible?) keyframes?

Participant ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple animation--text flys fast onto the screen, hits a points, and slows.

It involves 3 keyframes: a beginning frame off screen, a middle frame very close in the timeline to the first one, and then an ending frame at the end of the clip, but close in position to the middle clip.

The problem is that the text zooms to the correct position, then keeps going PAST the final position, then reverses order to the final position.

There are only 3 keyframes visible. I've even deleted everything and reloaded the asset and manually reentered the effect in case I had inadvertedly created some invisible keyframe somewhere. I can't figure it out. Why is the position moving PAST the second keyframe, then backuping up halfway between the second and third keyframes to end on the final keyframe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

I tried deleting the asset and readding it, and tried several times adding the keyframes in various orders wondering if it was just getting stuck on the math.

I ended up just splitting the clip and doing it in multiple steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set keyframes to linear.

That might solve the 'issue'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that already but it did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both spacial and temporal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to create the keyframes in the order that they occur.  I have had instances where I have created the first and last keyframe and the middle keyframes didn't work properly when added afterwards.  If I created them in order using the same values, all was OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting the asset and readding it, and tried several times adding the keyframes in various orders wondering if it was just getting stuck on the math.

I ended up just splitting the clip and doing it in multiple steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having an issue with keyframes acting up, and I deleted ALL keyframes on the track, I had some time remapping earlier in the clip, so I cut the clip, and deleted everything after that chop. then the audio was way off, but the keyframes started behaving again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines