• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

annoyed that you can't contact anyone in adobe even though you pay $$$ for there subscriptions

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone know why my Lightroom looks like this? They are not missing files or anything like that.  I have no way to contact Adobe for support

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 2.20.12 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is turning off the GPU option on the performance tab of the LR preferences.

Also it would help if you had file names displayed in the thumbnail of the images in the grid view.

Something like this.

Full LR window.PNG

You do that in the View options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no way to contact Adobe for support

Have you tried-   Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Lightroom Classic CC User Guide

Scroll to the bottom of the page and there are links for  "Contact Us" and "Adobe Support".

I am also interested to see filenames (for duplicates?).  The one highlighted file in your screen clip is a .PSD

You seem to have almost twice as many thumbnail previews (224) in the Catalog as there are photo files on the hard-drive (127). Have you tried to import files twice?

Grey thumbnails sometimes indicate files that the Graphics card cannot display for several reasons, including a problematic monitor profile.  https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its...

Checking the website of your Graphics card for the latest Drivers can also solve grey previews.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I tried that but because they are having higher than normal calls to customer service the only option they gave me was this forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing is it was fine one day and then the next day I had this.  I have deleted everything and am downl loading Lightroom again to see what happens.  everyt was working fine till adobe split Lightroom to make Lightroom cc classic and Lightroom Cc. Since that I have Had problem. I am by no means an expert at Lightroom which is why I love it. Now I’m all confused with the two and can’t even find all my images and lightro Classic is doing this wei missing file grey screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and can’t even find all my images

You need to solve this first. You need to know where all your photo files are stored on your hard-drives.

As you are new to Lightroom Classic-CC (v7.0.1)  you may not have done a lot of editing with Lightroom, so as well as re-installing the program you might start a new catalog and import your photos once again using the 'ADD' option.

I have deleted everything

A worrying statement that needs more explanation!  (deleted what?) I hope you havn't deleted your photo files!

If you have used the 'new' Lightroom-CC (Cloud based), that complicates matters, beyond my limited understanding at the moment.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines