Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio split on Import

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I keep having trouble with editors importing audio as stereo or mono without knowing.

This handled in Preferences>audio

It is a very unpleasant place to have these settings.

After three editors have worked on the project I get the OMF, the omf spilts every track to mono tracks and that is fine, but you wouldn't believe the amount of tracks I get.

Premiere plays stereo files fine on a monotrack and mono files fine on a stereo track.

I also have the solution to this!

Premiere should prompt the user at every import to use the audio as "As The file/or split mono".

It would save a lot of trouble!

With kind regards

Frank Koppelmans

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Premiere plays stereo files fine on a monotrack and mono files fine on a stereo track.

It actually doesn't.  Adaptive tracks can handle mixed formats, but Stereo tracks will only accept a stereo clip.  Same for Mono.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great place to communicate to other users. And this is a good suggestion, as the difference in handling between Standard, Mono, and Adaptive tracks alone can boggle the mind.

However, if you want to actually suggest this to the product development team, that's here:

Adobe Bug Report /Feature Request form ...

https://www.adobe.com/go/wish

They don't respond back, but all filed reports are collated and distributed to the managerial types.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, will do!

--

Frank Koppelmans

[Moderator note: personal contact information removed on this public forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually doesn't.  Adaptive tracks can handle mixed formats, but Stereo tracks will only accept a stereo clip.  Same for Mono.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere accepts stereo and mono files on one track (adaptive track).

So it does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere should prompt the user at every import

That would be incredibly annoying.  Editor's who know what they're doing is the better solution, I think.  It also has the advantage of being possible right now, and requires no resources from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, we do not all work with perfect gods in editing like yourself. I think it's the software that should prevent mistakes as good as it can.

As you normally would import in batches, you would only be prompted once for a sequence of camera shots (like from a memory card).

I edit a lot in Premiere and find it anoying to have to change 9or check) the preferences every time I import a stereo music file or a dual mono camera file. This easily happens a few times during a session.

It can not be right to change preferences each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines