• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code: 72?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive "Error code: 72" when attempting to install ACC on Windows 7; what does the code mean, and what is the solution?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Running the installer as an Administrator worked for me.

Rightclick the installer -> "Run as Administrator"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the installer as an Administrator worked for me.

Rightclick the installer -> "Run as Administrator"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that, with the same result as simply double-clicking the executable file normally. No success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried running in administrator mode a few times and restarting but it keeps giving me the error code 72. Not sure what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. No answer yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too, have the same problem even  installer it as administrator, the stupid 72 error message still appearing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues with Adobe CC since their update in late june of 2020. My Creative CLoud Desktop icon went from the traditional red logo, to the rainbow-colored logo and from there everything went wierd. I was no longer able to access the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, which controls all the other CC apps. Without this working, nothing else will function either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried running in administrator mode a few times and restarting but it keeps giving me the error code 72. Not sure what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problems here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem EVERY TIME there is an update...my Creative Cloud Program will not install and I have to wipe my machine to get it to work. For me that is about 4 hours work EVERY time with all the programs and configurations and typing in fricken serial numbers just so Adobe can ignore us instead of fixing the problem from TWO YEARS AGO.

I love how Adobe just ignores all these problems and does not reply. The original post is from June 9th 2014! and running as an administrator worked for that one guy....it is not working for the rest of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup same crap here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Complete silence from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm experiencing the same trying to install on a Windows 7 Virtual PC on a Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after running the special programs including "AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe" to remove/repair adobe programs, I am still unable to reinstall my Adobe Creative Cloud app, or any of the CC apps on my valid subscription. Has Adobe gone under for the last time, or is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

run as admin and working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so no action from adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum, nor iryani​.

Several solutions have been posted. Here is what I found with Google:

"Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app

Creative Cloud update not working Error Code: 72

Please try these two links and post back if you are successful or not so that others who see this later will know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, install NET.framework

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an issue with a Cert not being installed during installation which would cause it to fail. If you go to Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application you will see errors with a hyper link of the Cert it is attempting to install. If you click on the hyper link and install the cert your self and then run the Adobe install after, the installation finishes with out an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines