• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo/Graphic Edges… file type AFX?

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found some old disks that I remember buying a (long) while back. It is a 4 disk set and says: "Photo/Graphic Edges 10,000+" I probably bought it in 2000 or 2001 and used them for a couple years. I thought they were just edge masks. I tried to open some of the AFX files in Photoshop and they won't open. I am wondering if there is any way I can use these?

I tried to open one of the AFX files in Photoshop.Photoshop tells me: "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document." 

The disks came with some software, but it didn't want to install on Win10. I am sure I was using Windows 98 or Win2000 back then. And what was Photoshop on back then 5.5 or 6.0?

Thanks, Kirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as i know, those edges (afx files) can only be read by the AutoFx Photo Graphics Edges plugin and not by photoshop itself.

There are several edges/frames plugins for photoshop like this Edge FX Pro:

https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/products/3189#.WirTrTdrxaQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines