Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN'T OPEN CC 2017 PROJECT IN CC 2018, CC 2017 GONE

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am in a very important project right now and did the update to CC 2018. I can't open any project. CC 2017 is gone from my Creative Cloud.

Errors I get:

one the left: Adobe Premiere CC 7.0.0

on the right: Adobe Premiere CC 2018

This can't be possible right?

The CC 2017 was automatically uninstalled, how do I get it back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Just found this myself out: how to install 2017.

Download Creative Cloud apps

You dont need any other version installed to be able to use 2018 with previous projects.

On a side note; when on a very important project you do not upgrade. You can get yourself in serious trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this myself out: how to install 2017.

Download Creative Cloud apps

You dont need any other version installed to be able to use 2018 with previous projects.

On a side note; when on a very important project you do not upgrade. You can get yourself in serious trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This solves my problem of not finding the CC 2017 in the Creative Cloud app.

Why would that be taken out in the first place?

I can't open 2 different CC 2017 projects in CC 2018. Should this work? Because at least here it doesn't (as the the right screenshot in the original post shows).

I know of the issues with upgrading, but was assuming that I can anyway switch back to CC 2017 and that would take 10 mins. The problem was the removal of it from the Creative Cloud App, which you solved for me providing the links.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. CC 2017 non present in the Creative Cloud App. So now they doesn't just release version full of bugs with the excuse that "you can use the previous version", no, they also PUT BUGS with the previous versions installer.

Well done Adobe, as always!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop you should be able to click the down arrow beside "Open" and choose Other Versions and download from there. DK if that's obvious, but hope your projects are working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

read https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2413891 for information on previous versions being removed

-No more Dolby export https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2396890

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines