Sending Adobe Acrobat Sign agreements from Custom Objects in Salesforce

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this tutorial, l I’ll go through how to:

• set up a document template with text tags and add it to the SFDC library
  • create an Agreement template
  • create a customer send for signature button and add the button to a Custom Object page layout
  • create a merge mapping  to merge fields data from the Custom object into an EchoSign agreement
  • create a data mapping to map field data from the EchoSign agreement back into the custom object in SFDC

The tutorial is the attached PDF, the Word document is a sample template document used in this tutorial.

To download the attachments below, login the forum first, or use the link below.

Sending EchoSign agreements from Custom Objects in SFDC-Lightning edition.pdf

Sending EchoSign agreements from Custom Objects in SFDC.pdf

Your Custom Object document.docx

Note that older versions of these document use the old method to add custom links for custom buttons. Links should be updated like this example:

{!URLFOR('/apex/echosign_dev1__AgreementTemplateProcess', null, [masterId = Opportunity.Id, templateId='a024J000002LuyBQAS'])}

TOPICS
SDK , Send documents , SharePoint and Salesforce integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the guide. A few questions:

Where do we create the custom object? Is this necessary to do even if we've installed echosign into Salesforce?

You discuss it here:

Give the template a name first. Next set the master object. In this case it,it is the API name of the

custom object, in this case its myCustomobject__c.

Thanks,

Kai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kai,

The custom object is referring to a custom object in Salesforce. You only need it if you decide you need a custom object to hold your data in SFDC. if you are using standard Salesforce object like Account and Opportunity you can just add an EchOsign button to these.

In my example i called the custom object 'MyCustomobject'. in your Org you may have a custom object called 'Services'. In this case you'd add the following for the masterobject

Services__c

If you want to send from a standard object like Opportunity, then just add Opportunity as the master object on the EchOSign agreement template.

See also the EchoSign for Salesforce customization guide on how to setup templates.

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the instructions! Any advice for the button if it opens the agreement visual force page but includes the error "Invalid token"? I've checked the ID (it's the 15 digit ID from the URL of the Agreement Template record) Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Ensure there's no space in the link and don't forget the = where needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, no spaces, matches exactly except our custom object API name and our Agreement Template ID (that is the template ID you mean in the instructions, right? Not the Template Document?) Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I solved it. It wasn't the custom button URL--it was a malformed variable in the body of the agreement template email. Thanks for answering so quickly. I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into an issue when Sending from a Custom SF object.  I sent the file and when it returned to Data Mapping Failed.  Attempted to map to a related object reference which was not set on the agreement: Event_Detail__r Failed to map data field: System.NullPointerException Attempt to de-reference a null object (echosign_dev1) 613

When I look at the agreement template I have three options, Account,opp, and Contract.  But I am trying to reference it back to my Custom object.  I don't really know what to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason,

I know this is a bit late, but check out the section in the guide on map data in agreement field. That's how you reference the agreement to your custom object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for the nice explanation.

I was trying to add 'Data field mapping' for Agreement form fields to Salesforce records. Below are the steps i followed

Created a new record from 'Echosign data mappting' tab and selected an agreement for "Import fields from" . When i click the 'Import from fields" button, it is giving  error:The call to the EchoSign web service call to retrieve the agreement document key returned an error message 'null' and error code 'INVALID_API_KEY'

When i click the 'add mapping' button, and selected 'Echo sign form' field, then nothing is enabled to input or select a value for 'Source value' option.

Please advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,  Thanks for your helpful guide, however, I am seeing an error with my custom object:

System.NullPointerException Attempt to de-reference a null object (echosign_dev1) 405

In my Agreement Template, I specified Master Object Type "InstProds__c", the API name of my custom object "Installed Product".

Results vary based on my Merge Map, where I am not clear on use of this section:

Map Salesforce Product Line Items Fields to Adobe Document Fields

If I leave Selected Object without selecting a reference object, I get the above null pointer exception.

If I Add a Field Mapping,  and choose Selected Object, Installed Product (Reference), it gets into an endless chain of references, as shown in this image.    How is this supposed to work?

EchoSignMergeMap.jpg

Thanks, Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lee,

Did you ever get an answer as to how the field works? i am trying also to display opportunity products fields on my documents, but nothing happens no matter how many times i try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee,

product Line items come from the Opportunity, so that can only work when sending from an opportunity using opportunity as the master object in the Agreement template record. see also the relevant chapter in the customization and install guide on product line items. (starting page 29 and starting at point 7 on page 32 of the v17 guide, the guide is linked under the resources tab in the esign services admin tab (again assuming v17 or older is being used))

So in your case don't add anyhing there. Only use "Map Salesforce Object Fields to Document Fields", leave product line items alone when using custom objects as master object.

hanah, see the reference to the guide above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SimonATS

What is missing in the customization and install guide on product line items is how to reference this in the template.

please guide me on how to reference the opportunity product list, presuming I've done the mapping correct.

Best

Dag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opportunity is not a custom object, which this tutorial is about. Though what you are looking for is part of this KB article:

Adobe Sign for Salesforce Templates and Data/Merge Mapping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to get the information from 2 custom objects to create Adobe Document. It is not working for me could some one please explain me. Thanks a lot.

With Thnx,

Bala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

The custom protest is alluding to a custom question in Salesforce. You just need it in the event that you choose you to require a custom protest hold your information in SFDC. on the off chance that you are utilizing standard Salesforce protest like Account and Opportunity you can simply add an EchoSign catch to these.

In my illustration, I called the custom question 'MyCustomobject'. in your Org, you may have a custom protest called 'Administrations'. For this situation, you'd include the accompanying for the master object

On the off chance that you need to send from a standard protest like Opportunity, at that point simply include Opportunity as the ace question on the EchoSign assertion format.

Thank U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm unable to add recipient from the custom object. Could you please help?

Regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in your custom object document, where did you come  up with the Text Tags?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Simon,

Thank you for your posts, very illustrative for me, new to AdobeSign for Salesforce.

At the moment I have a signature process which auto initiated by Process Builder. I am using an Apex call from the Process Builder.

Everything works fine. I send 4 parameters, the template Id, async = false, a runtime variable for the signer email, and the master object Id that the agreement will be related to after the agreement creation. That works fine. The attached file I use is uploaded as file to the agreement template.

My problem starts when I try to change the attachment to a Salesforce library document, and send the document id from the Process Builder. It is not working. The agreements gets created but no attachment is related.

Could you please give me some directions on what could be failing? Is it ok to upload the template file as a Salesforce Document and reference it from the process builder 

The runtime variable to select the document in salesforce is docID:

Captura de Pantalla 2019-08-14 a la(s) 12.47.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with adobesign. my problem is little bit different but require your expertise on it. i have a contact object and dependent object. i'm trying to merge data such firstname and lastname from the contact object (no problem) but require also to merge data from the dependent object to list the spouse and childs info (this is where i got stuck on). i do not seems to read the dependent object. it is not listed.SF.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you ever get an answer here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These instructions for creating the button no longer work because of salesforce changes in the interim. 

1.  the url in the button link is calling the wrong namespace. That aggreementTemplateProcess is in echosign_dev1__ not AdobeSign_dev1__ (and even that is capitalized incorrectly)

2.  the vf page has 'Require CSRF protection on GET requests' checked, so trying to call the page from a button returns  "The link you followed isn’t valid. This page requires a CSRF confirmation token."

What is the new procedure for calling the merge from a custom object action or button please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines