Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update new camera models in Lightroom 5 / PS 6

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

how to update new camera models in LR 5 / PS 6?  I have no access to the adobe application manager (it don't accept my apple id)

regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old and obsolete software like Lr5 and PS CS6 don't get new updates, whether for new camera models or anything else.

You'll have to use the DNG converter. This converts the native raw files to the DNG format. With the appropriate compatibility setting, these DNGs can be read and opened in any previous Lr/ACR version.

Or get current with a CC subscription at $10 a month.

DNGs are still raw files with all sensor data intact. There is no quality loss - you're just missing out on the new improvements to the ACR engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for information but....my mac is OS X 10.10 and the DNG converter 10.0 requires at least a OS X 10.11.  I have tried with a DNG converter 9.5.1 but it can not open the raw files from the new Fuji X-ES 3 files.

With the update to OS Sierra, the lightroom 5 will not work I think ?

Please understand that a monthly fee of 10 $ is to much for me.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines