Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop, OS High Sierra, ColorSync

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from Russia!

I am have the Macbook with Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1 and I am using Photoshop CC 2018. In PS I am set colors settings to sRGB for web development. But after rebooting or booting my Mac my system color profile switches to sRGB and I am can't switch it to LCD profile. Reinstalling OS helps me. Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Hi,

you can’t switch display profiles in photoshop, but that’s not what you are attempting - is it?

please explain whether you are switching the system profile in apple “system preferences” / “displays”?
that’s where the display profile should be selected.

Send a screenshot please

by the way, the “ColorLCD” profile is just a default created by Apple for the display, if you are doing photo editing of any importance the display system should be calibrated and profiled.

you’ll need a hardware colo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if I misunderstand your question (it's a bit unclear). But:

You're not supposed to use the display profile in Photoshop. You need to work in sRGB and embed the sRGB profile in the file.

The display profile is a system profile. Photoshop will find it by itself, and use it to remap the numbers from sRGB into your monitor color space - thus representing the file correctly on screen. This happens automatically, on the fly.

If you need to directly compare the image in Photoshop, to a non-color managed web browser - use Proof to Monitor RGB (cmd+Y). This temporarily disables/bypasses the display color management chain. This will only show you how it looks on your own screen, it has no relevance whatsoever for other displays out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I turn off my laptop and then turn it on, the monitor color profile is switched from LCD to sRGB and I am can't switch it. I am have this issue after installing PS 2018 and setting colors settings for PS documents to sRGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you can’t switch display profiles in photoshop, but that’s not what you are attempting - is it?

please explain whether you are switching the system profile in apple “system preferences” / “displays”?
that’s where the display profile should be selected.

Send a screenshot please

by the way, the “ColorLCD” profile is just a default created by Apple for the display, if you are doing photo editing of any importance the display system should be calibrated and profiled.

you’ll need a hardware colorimeter (or spectrophotometer) to do that.

I hope this helps

if so, please do mark my reply as "helpful" and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct" below, so others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am can't switch display profiles in MacOS X after installation PS CC 2018, it's not working. I am feel that PS switch my profile from LCD to sRGB and locked it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has no influence over the display profile. It uses whatever it gets from the operating system.

If the wrong profile is assigned to the display, this needs to be addressed in the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don’t think this will be a Photoshop issue, Photoshop does not have the connections to change things in the system preferences.

this sounds like an OSX problem. You are an early adopter if High Sierra and it seems there may be some issues still.

Its also possible you have a corrupted display profile

I did some googling and found these suggestions, read the whole thread before acting - and plainly know that it’s a risk, deleting stuff in the Library.

Apple support might help you, we have great support here in the UK, they call you back.

have a look at this old thread on apple’s site: Can't set color profile |Official Apple Support Communities

I think High Sierra has an issue with this:

mac os doesn't remember color profile at start up |Official Apple Support Communities

here deleting the "Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist"

is suggested, to might like to try that?

I hope this voluntary support helps

if so, please do mark my reply as "helpful" and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct" below, so others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helped me... I can switch from sRGB to LCD, but color not switched...Снимок экрана 2017-12-09 в 20.34.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

how did you fix the issue, previously it would not switch - right?

its good to add info about your steps here so others can use this for help too

sorry but it's hard to tell what you mean by "color not switched"? do you mean that the appearance of the display does not change?

I hope this helps

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the appearance of the display doesn't change by fact, but profiles switches. I am have this issue after installing or uninstalling PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i suggest that’s because the color LCD profile is possibly rather similar to sRGB. If you try switching to another on the list you may see a small change.

but you write earlier that you could not select color LCD, only sRGB. What changed to make that switch of selection possible?

my earlier comment that you need to actually calibrate and profile the display with a device like i1 display pro still applies.

I’d appreciate a « helpful » Andre.

neil barstow

colourmanagement.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but you write earlier that you could not select color LCD, only sRGB. What changed to make that switch of selection possible?

No changes when I am selecting LCD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrey

Earlier you wrote:

"But after rebooting or booting my Mac my system color profile switches to sRGB and I am can't switch it to LCD profile. Reinstalling OS helps me. Please help me!"

Now you write:

No changes when I am selecting LCD

SO can you now select LCD?

what do you mean by "no changes"?

neilbarstow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can select ANY color profile, but the appearance of the display doesn't change and I am can't delete any color profile or calibrate. If I am make fresh install of the OS, all ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing color settings in Photoshop should not impact your monitor profiles.

You may find this article helpful.

How to make ColorSync profiles stick in OS X - CNET

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this article, not helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to uncheck "Show only profiles for this monitor" below the profiles window and try to select any other profile ("Color LCD" should be the default, somewhere).

Reboot.

See what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines