• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So many bugs, so little time...

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more I try to use Lightroom CC, the more frustrated I'm becoming. It's literally unusable.

FYI I'm running a super fast MacBook Pro with my catalog on a super fast SSD and I have a super fast internet connection. It should perform brilliantly. Instead...

1. CC fails to launch / open my catalog 50% of the time.
  2. My catalog after migrating from Lightroom Classic into CC now has duplicates of all my images (20,000 ballooned to 40,000).
  3. Half of my images appear as grayed out / no thumbnails. When I open it, no image loads. No error message. Just blank.
  4. When I add images to an album, sometimes it works / sometimes it fails. When I quit and relaunch, my changes were not saved.
  5. When I delete an image, nothing happens. The image is not deleted. No error message. When I quit and relaunch, the image is still there.

Is anyone else feeling like this software was released very prematurely?

Thanks,

Joel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that since migrating, I've been intermittently leaving Lightroom CC open overnight so it can sync my photos to the cloud. It's been almost 3 weeks and it's only 5% complete...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should stop using LR CC and go back to Classic.  

That said, I'm enjoying using LR CC but with a relatively small number of files.   Additionally, most of the known online teachers strongly suggest that you not use them in any connected way.  Use one or the other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done and done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Lr CC for iPhone captured Photos (Lr camera of phone camera) + the desktop version.
For photos from other cameras (Canon) I use the Bridge/Camera Raw/Photoshop workflow.
I use Lr Classic (always with sync paused) for things like the Slideshow or Web Module of if there is a particular preset there I would like to use.

I've spent hours testing ways to use both Lr versions syncing simultaneously and it has always ended in a mess.
Use one or the other - but never both for the same batch of photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines