• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe has trapped me into another year of the annual plan

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is the last day of my annual contract with Adobe. As I am done using Photoshop for class, I want to cancel my plan. I've been trying to cancel my yearly plan for the past month, having received the one month notice and trying to turn off auto-renewal ever since. Every single time that I tried, I got a non-descriptive generic website error, and was unable to cancel my plan. Now, on the day that my plan ended, I assumed that I'd have the chance to try one last chance. I didn't, because Adobe charged me for the next month, beginning the next year of the cycle. Not only was I literally unable to turn off auto-renew (literally every single time I tried during the last month of my plan), I will now have to pay for Adobe's technical difficulties because they want to charge me $60 to cancel my plan (it's very convenient that it's only after they renewed my plan that the website magically allows me to cancel–with a fee). I am a film student, and in general use a lot of creative software. Honestly, it has never been this hard to turn off auto-renewal services for any other software or subscription I've used. This feels like thievery. I would understand if I simply ignored the emails and let my plan renew–that would have just been oversight on my part. However, the fact of the matter is that I have consistently tried to turn off my plan, and that it only worked once they forced me into my next year. That rubs me the wrong way. I've been a loyal member and user of the adobe creative suite for most of my college career, and was even thinking about starting up a plan for Premiere and After Effects after my year of Photoshop was over. Now, I simply want out of this plan. I'm a broke college student–Adobe is a large enough investment as it is without needless cancelation fees for a service I've already tried multiple times to cancel. It feels like I'm being taken advantage of just because I don't have disposable money lying around. I've tried to chat with somebody on their side, but haven't been able to get through. Has anybody else had an experience like this?

To Adobe, I'd suggest being more transparent with your customers. Our money is the reason that you are able to exist as a corporation. I don't want to pay a fee because your website wouldn't let me cancel auto-renewal before my plan ended.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried canceling, but now they want to charge me a fee. I don't want to pay this fee, because I tried multiple times to cancel before, and the website wouldn't let me. That's the problem I'm having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to cancel your subscription during the last month.  I've gone ahead and processed the cancellation and refunded the December charge.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread presented below is full of other people having the same problem as me over the past year or so. Honestly, this is ridiculous, and I will definitely be in contact with the Better Business Bureau if this isn't rectified.

Can't cancel Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same situation. Your chat doesn't work. It just shows "Thanks for your patience.  Representatives are currently helping other customers and we will be with you shortly."

Please, cancel my plan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexey

Please try again using a different browser.  You would need assistance from our chat support team to cancel your subscription.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is just a lame tactic to charge people and lock them in a subscription plan they clearly don't want. A cancel button would be the only reasonable approach for something as simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines