• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need advice on a low-profile video card for a Dell 7010 i7 computer for Adobe Premiere Pro 2017

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a low-profile video card for a Dell 7010 i7 computer.  I know that it is not a great computer to use, but it is all I have.  Does anyone know what boards I can use with Adobe Premiere Pro 2017.   I'm not making movies, just 30-second videos.  Time rendering is not a problem for me.  I would like to find something around $200 (even a used card).  I found a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Low Profile 4gb Video card for $163 on NewEgg.  Would that work, or is there something better for the money? I have 16gb worth of ram on the computer and it is an i7 processor.  Any help would really be appreciated.  I'm on a very tight budget.  I may be able to go a little extra, maybe $250-300.  But it needs to be a low-profile board that will fit the computer.  Thanks so much for any help.  I'm new to this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That GTX 1050 Ti is about the best GPU you can currently get on a low-profile card. Any higher-performance GPUs are sold only as full-height cards at this present time.

Besides, your Optiplex 7010 dates back to the Ivy Bridge generation of 2012. As such, the i7 should be an i7-3770 (non-K) in that PC.  Put the two together, and you'd end up with a fairly well balanced configuration in terms of the CPU / GPU balance.

And don't waste your money on a GPU that's higher-end than your planned GTX 1050 Ti for a quad-core Ivy Bridge CPU: The CPU might not be able to match the overkill GPU in terms of GPU-accelerated rendering performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randall know what he is talking about, go for the GTX 1050

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Randall!  I really appreciate your advice.  I am not that computer savvy.  I will go ahead and get the 1050Ti. After looking for days for a low-profile card, I was getting pretty frustrated and couldn't find much information using it with Adobe Premiere Pro 2017.  The 1050Ti was the best that I could find.  Thanks again!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randall (anyone) why do others say this card will not work with Adobe? It's surely better than nothing right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 1050 Ti is officially supported in the latest builds of Premiere Pro. However, it does not perform sufficiently better than some laptop CPUs' basic integrated graphics to justify spending much if any money on these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way that buying a new computer/laptop is going to be less expensive than buying a graphics card though. So if you say it works then it works, that’s good. Right. Just say it works and that answers the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, all things are relative in my post above. Right now even three-generation-old GPUs cost more money than what they had cost when they were originally released. In the case of the GTX 1050 Ti, it dated from way back in 2016.

Now, if that GPU were $100, then I would grab it. But at the current well-over-$200 price point, fuhgeddaboudit. (Remember, it originally cost $160 when first released.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

This is my first post on the forum. To continue discusion on this topic I would like to ask a similar question but about Premiere 2019. I have a i7-3770 based optiplex 7010, 16GB of DDR3 Ram, 512GB Intel SSD and a stock PSU for it. Is Adobe premiere still compatible with gtx 1050 Ti? I guess I'll have to  also upgrade the PSU, because the stock one can output about 300W max power. Premiere works now on a this PC as is but on high effect video projects the CPU is beeing used up to 100%.

in conclusion there are 3 things to consider:

Power consuption of the GPU,

physical dimensions of the GPU,

compatibility with premiere 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question as the above user.   I would like to use the low profile card in a Dell 7010 but it appears the GTX 1050 is not on the current list of recommended graphics cards.

Is anyone using it successfully with the latest Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it has at least 2 GB VRAM, it should work if your power supply can handle it:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/10-series/

Keep in mind that your system is not very powerful for Premiere Pro CC and proxies will likely be necessary.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/proxy-media.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Below is a GTX 1060 and i7 computer in action. It should give you and idea of what to expect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines