• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC on iPad stopped importing RAW

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s my first time using the new version of Lightroom CC for iOS. It started out well. I importing 100s of RAW+JPGs through the lightening adapter, the proceeded to create an allbum in Lr, and add the photos to it. the first day, this worked well. I clicked to import from camera roll (it showed little raw icons on all pics) and all was fine. On the second day, I repeated the same process. Out of 89 images, 22 imported as raw, the others as jpg - even though all of them show the raw icon in the “import from camera roll” screen. I also verified on the camera that the images were indeed taken in RAW.

No matter what I do, I cannot get Lw to import the rest of the images as RAW. I’ve tried deleting them from Lw and re-adding, deleting from iPad, and reimporting then re-adding, and Lw continues to only grab the jpeg versions.

Worth noting the iPad had a backlog of 5+ GBs to upload to CC and about 6 GBs of free space.

What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I get it right that you have taken the photos with your camera as RAW+Jpeg? - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s correct. All pictures are raw+jpeg and the majority has imported correctly. I tried deleting the pics from iPad and re-importing it a few more times and Lw eventually imported another 60 or so in raw. Now I have about 15 left that it keeps wanting to import in jpeg only.

it definitely seems like some type of bug. I tried selecting images from the camera roll in different orders and only a few at a time, moving them to different albums in Photos before importing, and it eventually (after some combination of the trials above), it decided to import more RAW images.

This may not be totally true but it seems I had success when I was selecting only 6-8 images into Lw at a time. When I tried about 30, the first 15 or so loaded as RAW and the rest did not. If I try to manually import those again, it doesn’t import them as RAW. I’ll prkbably have to move them around as I did earlier to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4BF2C491-4729-49D6-925B-D7180A1324F7.png

This shows the import screen in Lr. Note the selected pics have the RAW icon.

Also note that these selected pics are in the middle of a bunch of previously imported pics. This is because I originally imported all. All but the ones selected properly imported the RAW files, so I deleted the ones that didn’t import RAW from Lr to try again and do these screenshots.

8E9270D0-3CA6-4F61-8BF2-70ABDD542506.png

Ponce I clicked import, you’ll see the images show up in the Lr album but lack the RAW icon. its not just the missing icon..if I look at metadata it shows as JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open up the to right 3-dot menu and filter for "Photos" only do you get the "RAWs" listed and when you then try to import do you get the correct result? We have one known issue when you shoot RAWs with sidecar jpegs which we are investigating.

Hope this helps

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the following:

on the “import from camera roll” screen, clicked the three dots. Selected just RAWs, nothing showed up (Even though the album was full of RAWs). Then I selected just Photos and all photos showed up, and were marked with RAW icons. I selected one and imported it. As before, it imported the jpg only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue- details: Fuji x100f shooting jpeg+raw, importing into ipad pro photos app (iOS  11.2.5) via lightning to sd card reader, then importing what are labelled as "raw"  into lightoom cc app. Only a smattering are actually imported as raw, maybe 1/1000, the rest as jpeg. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Lightroom is not importing RAW files consistently. I have been able to delete the JPEGs and import the photos again and the RAW files were imported correctly, however, this is not consistent and other times the RAW files were not imported.

I have cleared the iPad memory and restarted without success.

Also, importing TIFF files seems to work consistently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info:

The problem does appear to be with the RAW+JPEG file format. I just shot a RAW only image, imported it into Photos and it imported as a RAW file in Lightroom.

Also the RAW selector is not showing the RAW+JPEG files as RAW. I reimported an image from Photos that was imported previously but deleted from Lightroom. It did not show up as a RAW file in the selector but did import as a RAW file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem may be related to Photos needing to be in sync with iCloud before Lightroom will import the RAW file.

My photos were not being imported as RAW files until the photos were uploaded to iCloud. Now importing the photos into Lightroom imports the RAW files. Nothing else has changed except that the photos are all uploaded to iCloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from iOS 11.1 to 11.1.1 and now Lightroom is showing the RAW + JPEGs as RAW files in the import selector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new iPad pro is having same issue.   Frustrating as I am not generally an IOS person but my androids seem to get overwhelmed editing on the road in the field so thought I would try a different workflow.

My issue is more that the iPad photos app isn't importing all of my pictures off my card it stops in the middle...   I see some raws I see some jpeg but there's no consistency in the photos app or in Lightroom.

Are there limitations on the number of files it can import the card ?  There are a couple 100 files here and each has a jpg and raw.

Thanks

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm this issue is still occurring on iPad Pro. It will switch from importing RAWs to only the JPEG  only when importing images in LR Mobile. If I select only RAWs, it will not recognize the RAW+JPEG images and if those are not shown with the RAW flag those will be imported as JPEG.

This is a huge handicap to LR Mobile for importing images on the road if I'm importing 100's of images at a time. This effectively makes LR Mobile useless as an ingestion method while on the road. Please fix this bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we choose ...lol  are you a RAW guy/gal or a JPEG guy/gal....  The raging debate continues!!!

You either follow Jared Polin or Tony Northrup.. There is no in between if you want to do a mobile workflow.

@greule please keep us posted .

ADOBE as a whole .. you are smart and capable, fix this for us please and soon  😉

Thanks

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m not sure yet but maybe I found a workaround:

I had the same issue today not getting some pictures as RAW into Lightroom while others worked well. Then I remembered that I simply had marked for import the last photos of today before Photos had shown their thumbnail. Import into camera roll went well but no RAW import into Lightroom.

After I deleted those photos from Lightroom AND camera roll, started importing from SD card again BUT this time waiting for the thumbnails to be shown, imported into Lightroom as RAW went well. I tried again and it worked again.

Hopefully, you can confirm.

Thanks

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines