• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill a shape with glitter?

Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

im trying to do an animated but i want to fill a moving shape with glitter...like the gold parts in the picture below!

can anyone help me?

659457419_780x439.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

There is official information here: Use alpha channels, masks, and mattes in After Effects, or you can Google "After Effects track matte" and likely find tons of tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll probably need a better explanation of what your shape is actually doing - it's hard to tell if your example is actually what you're working on, or just an example of "glitter."
At its most basic, you could simply find an image of glitter online and use masks or track mattes to achieve the desired shape. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should probably start here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY

hehe

its like a liquid element so i want it jumping in and out possiblly to transition in and out also

the link below is what i want it to look like

JAKE WARDEN’S ANIMATED INTRO. - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the "filled with glitter" look will be exactly as described above.
There's a lot more than that going on here, though, so if you're asking how to pull off the overall animation and look.... that's a whole other question. If you have already created or acquired a liquidy wipe element like this, though, you could simply use that as a track matte for a gold glitter image, and you're basically there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im somewhat new to after effects but i have already made the liquid motions..

im not very clear on how to do the "track matte" thing though,

do you have a specific video or article on how to do it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is official information here: Use alpha channels, masks, and mattes in After Effects, or you can Google "After Effects track matte" and likely find tons of tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you very much

ill give it a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines