• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document"

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been working on a drawing for quite a while.  I saved it, my cintiq ran out of battery, I plugged it back in, turned it on, tried to open the file, but it said it "could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document".

I've tried opening it in Sketchbook to save it as a different file, but that app didn't let me open it either.

I also checked to see if the extension matched the file name, and it did.

Do I need to reopen it in a different Adobe application? Or is there something else I should do?

Please help, I'm eager to work on this drawing, and it is important to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the file extension?

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Photoshop General Discussion]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way you describe the process, it sounds unnervingly like the battery could have died during the process of saving, which could have corrupted the file.

Photoshop autosaves files by default, though it tends to delete those autosaves the next time you open Photoshop. But you could try digging around to see if there's a recent one of your drawing still hanging around somewhere. I'm not sure if your Cintiq is PC or Android, but on PC you would want to look for any .psd or .psb files in these folders:

C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\Temp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Auotsave is big plus: I think snapshot clone option would be a great addition to JustSaveIt(mac version) to cover that type of issues. We work on it @wmixstudios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines