• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Skybox Load Error

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having loaded the Adobe SkyBox 360/VR plugins for Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects , when starting After Effects CC 2017 and during the "Initializing Media Core" portion of the startup sequence, I continuously receive the following error:

"After Effects warning: The following plugins have failed to load. Please reinstall these plugins: C:\Program Files\Common\7.0\MediaCore\Mettle\VRPlayer.prm"

I have reloaded the furnished plugins several times but the error during After Effects start still occur. It appears that the plugin did load properly and is available within After Effects; and functions without issue. Also, there is no such error when loading Premiere Pro CC 2017.

Has anyone else experienced this error issue and been able to resolve it? If so, please advise as to how to remove this startup error in After Effects.

System Info: Intel i7-7700 CPU @ 4.2GHz, 64.0 GB Ram, Windows 10, 64bit, Nvidia GeForce 1070-8GB

Thanks to all for any help and assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably a version conflict that will be fixed in a future update. In recent years Adobe has been getting rather tight about this stuff and made too many changes that almost always require plug-in updates with every new version, even minor ones. If it works and doesn't do any damage, I'd accept it the way it is and just ignore the warning. Everything else will surely be sorted out at some point.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium, Stan Jones,

Thank you very much for your feedback. All else is working well and it's just a nuisance during startup... and only related to the player. All is good and hopefully Adobe will get this taken care of in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced this error, and do not have a fix or workaround yet. I have not tested functionality. It does appear, as you have described, to be the player and one other component loading during the early process, and not the loading of the affects themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if anything from this thread helps. Mettle Skybox plugins install error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this after updating to the October 2018 version. It appears that all Mettle Skybox operations have been fully integrated into the latest update. The VRPlayer.prm in the Common files folder is not needed anymore. I deleted it (after renaming it .old first in case of a problem) and all the VR functions in AE & Premiere worked fine. As AE was no longer trying to load the player I did not get the error message. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I simply uninstalled it from my Windows machine and everything was fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But where do I find the VR Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Mettle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Toon&Beeld  wrote

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Mettle

Anton Storchak  (Mettle)

Oct 23, 12:01 EDT

Hi Andres,
Mettle Skybox plugins are no more supported in СС 2018. Please use Adobe equivalents available at:
AfterEffects - Effects - Immersive Video
Рremiere Pro - Effects - Video Effects - Immersive Video
Рremiere Pro - Transitions - Video Transitions - Immersive Video
The functionality is the same.

As for VR Player the option for it's equivalent should be at After Effects - Edit - Preferences - Video Preview.
Please ask Adobe for more support.
I'll let you know if I got more info.

BR, Anton Storchak
Mettle QA Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------- …

Hi Andres,
We have prepared an article about Adobe-Skybox Integration chart.
Please take a look https://www.mettle.com/skybox-to-cc-2018-integration-chart/

--------------------------------------------- -------

NOTE: Adobe chose not to include the SkyBox VR Player, as they are developing their own immersive viewing system. If you want to continue using SkyBox VR Player, you can still access it through the Mettle plugins with Adobe CC 2017. When you update to CC 2018, there is an option to keep CC 2017 as well.

Please contact Adobe support directly if you have any concerns/questions about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing worse than an error message. Even when there's no "real" issue, they bug me to no end. Luckily, dave_eclipse is correct. The Skybox player is built in. Simply follow the path in the message and delete the file. The error will not appear again.

On that, Skybox seriously needs to update some of their tutorials. Now that Adobe has incorporated their tools, the windows are different. I encourage everyone who's interested to create help videos using the incorporated tools. There aren't many out there yet. They'd be especially helpful for stitching. Some of those stitching programs can get pretty pricey.

v/r,

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines