• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming from within Mobile app or LrCC desktop

Advocate ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on which iPhone app's camera I use the images have varied file names.

From within the Mobile App, and/or from within the desktop or web version is there a method of renaming?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 
Seems my work-a-round is going to be either shooting into a specific named folder or album with iPhone.
OR
By including Lr Classic in the mix.

Not to thrilled about the later since my workflow has recently changed from Lr Classic to Bridge/Camera Raw/Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic has good renaming features, Bridge's are even better. LRCC is wonderful for posting stuff to Facebook though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it is good at sending to FB . . . But I don't use FB.

To use Bridge to rename I'd first have to use LrCC Desktop to 'Save To' then rename. That, however only renames those images stored on my PC.
Using LR Classic to rename syncs the new names to the Web, Mobile device(s) and to Apple TV.

Looking forward to new features in LrCC Desktop. Print module and Export module would be my first choices - both, I'm sure, we'll get eventually. Until . . . I edit in Photoshop and print from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we can't rename files from Lightroom CC from desktop/mac? This has so many extra steps, I miss the old version, had so much more capability. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on the photography plan, just use Lightroom "Classic". When you set the catalogue to sync, any originals uploaded by LRCC will sync down into your catalogue as originals. You can rename those, and the renaming will be synced to the cloud versions. So you effectively treating LRCC as if it is LRMobile, just running on your computer.

Personally I wouldn't do that (LRCC isn't for me), but you could do so with a bit of care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines