• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bonding photo to one spot in video

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so I'm still very much a beginner when it comes to Photoshop so please bare with me! I've opened a video file in PS and place a photo on the video, but I want the photo to stay in a fixed spot as the camera moves around and the photo will block other things. Does anyone have a solution (sorry if I'm not being clear enough)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

So you want a separate photo fixed in one spot, while the video plays behind it? If that's the case, create a new video group and put the photo in that new group, and the video clip below it in it's own group.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want a separate photo fixed in one spot, while the video plays behind it? If that's the case, create a new video group and put the photo in that new group, and the video clip below it in it's own group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the speedy response and pictures, but unfortunately that's not what I meant. I want the photo to stay in one place so when the camera pans over and moves around, the picture doesn't follow the camera. Is that better clarification?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about one still photo that the camera pans around - the Ken Burns effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked up the Ken Burns effect and I don't think that's what I mean. I'll upload a video to help you.

In the video I circled my window and then panned to the left and the red circle follows. What I'm trying to do is have the circle stay on the window. I want the circle (my photo in PS) stay in one spot (my window) while the camera moves away. Hopefully I'm explaining myself better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you’ll need to do is manually adjust the image to line up with an object in the video for each frame, as well as scale and, possibly, distortion. Not being at my computer to demonstrate, I’ll recommend this tutorial on key framing:

Add key frames as needed. You’ll likely need a key frame for every frame in the video clip. If the video is super smooth, maybe every several frames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that can be done easily with Premier Pro, but more difficult with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be done with PP? I just assumed this could only be done through photoshop. I'm a little more familiar in PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All kinds of tracking (that's what you seem to describe) are available in After Effects, though to be honest your footage wouldn't lend itself too well to any semi-automated form of animation as this. Doing proper preparation is always half the formula to success. Still, even if you hand-animate the positioning in AE you will have much more options and finer control over the motion, so I suggest you give it a whirl.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm more familiar with PS, but look up motion tracking in Premier, there should be some tutorials on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines