• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning a CHM file into a PDF

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2008 Dec 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of CHM files but not the source files with them. I need to turn the CHMs into PDFs. I would rather not have to do this page by page. Is there an easier way to convert a CHM file into a PDF?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brook

Open your browser.
Visit the following URL: http://www.google.com
Search the page for CHM to PDF

There are several tools out there that will purportedly convert for you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there are tools that do that which you could find by Googling. To do it for free, you could reverse engineer the CHMs as described on my site and then generate a printed output. It will only take a matter of minutes to reverse engineer the CHM.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Be aware that when you create printed output from RH with a view to subsequent conversion to PDF, you'll usually need to do a structural tune up. This is because word uses only headings to do it's heirachy where as RH can use books and nested books on top of the headings. You'll need to factor some time for this into you plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp