• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Versions sets in PSE2018

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to 2018.  Version sets are gone, but pix are still there.  I've marked a bunch as stacks.  Can I convert them to version sets?  Should I unstack first?  Am I stuck with stacks instead of version sets?

I would be glad for  your help.

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which operating system are you running on (MAC/PC)?

Which version of PSE did you upgrade from?

Did you successfully upgrade the catalog?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running on Mac.  Upgraded from PSE9.  Successfully upgraded catalog--except for "loss" of version sets.  Does this tell you anything about my prospects for restoring them?

Thanks for your reply,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

davidh84101566  wrote

Running on Mac.  Upgraded from PSE9.  Successfully upgraded catalog--except for "loss" of version sets.  Does this tell you anything about my prospects for restoring them?

I don't know about Macs for the shortcuts...

If you are in 'adaptative grid' view, your thumbnails are contiguous and leave no space for file names, dates or stacks/version sets icons.

You can go back to the 'detailed' view from the menu 'View >> details'

You can also test if a given thumbnail has versions by using the menu 'Edit >> Stack or version set..."

I can't see how an old catalog would have been restored ok except for stacks and version sets. Did you recover your albums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidh84101566  wrote

Just upgraded to 2018.  Version sets are gone, but pix are still there.  I've marked a bunch as stacks.  Can I convert them to version sets?  Should I unstack first?  Am I stuck with stacks instead of version sets?

I would be glad for  your help.

David

David,

There has been no change in the way Elements handles version sets. The only difference is that the icons for version sets or stacks is no longer shown when you are in 'adaptative grid' view. You have to be in the good old 'detailed' view - shortcut Ctrl D to switch views.

If you have stacked images, for instance after importing both originals and version sets, you can no longer create version sets. Versions sets can ONLY  be created by saving images with the 'save in version set' checkbox ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as thought I'm dead in the water.  The images were saved in version sets in PSE9, but after the conversion to PSE 2018, that information is gone.  When I search for version sets, 2018 reports a null set.  I'll just have to learn to live without the previously saved version sets and create new ones going forward.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines