• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I rotate pages with adobe dc reader?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I rotate pages with adobe dc reader?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

The free Reader does not allow you to modify PDF files. There is no way around that. Rotating a page permanently would require you to save the modified data back to the PDF file, and therefore does not work in Reader. Changing the view is something that happens only in your viewer, and nothing gets written back to the PDF document on our disk, and that's why this works in Reader as well. As was explained before this was never possible in Reader, so I don't understand why you claim that

"I guess A

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I rotate pages in adobe reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed this view window above the primary choices on top of the pdf file- just click on View to rotate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no rotate option under the View in the menu bar of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Reader DC there is an option under View to rotate all page in the PDF clockwise or counter clockwise. There is no way to save this change in Reader.

ReaderRotateView.jpg

Acrobat is different in that one can rotate individual pages using the page navigation panel and selecting the pages to process. You can use the right mouse button to bring up the context menu with the rotation options. One needs to save the changes to make these changes permeant. Acrobat also has the option under View to rotate all pages in the PDF at one time just like Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find a way around this.  Open Word 15. Create a text box.  Copy the PDF. Paste it into the Word text box.  on a handle on the box there is a rotate icon. Click that.  Wa la!  make that your new pdf via Words Print option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expect ms. deborah meant, "Voila!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only rotate the (temporary) view of the pages in Reader, you can't rotate them permanently. For that you would need to purchase Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting...My DC (free) version does not allow even temporary rotation (without saving). So Im expected to have a paid subscription to perform the most basic function?? This comes up every time I tap the rotate icon: Chris226122826cjj_0-1641956011968.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it via the View menu. Actually rotating the pages requires having the paid-for Acrobat, or the Edit PDF online service (also paid-for).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out.

Adding to the above suggestion.

As try67 mentioned, you can only rotate the view temporarily in Reader DC. Use the steps provided below:

1. Open the PDF and go to View > Rotate view.

2. Select Clockwise or Counterclockwise.

It will rotate the view of the file for the application.

Hope the information helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your advise. Steps you provided have really worked for me.
The Adobe Reader interface seems to be counter-intuitive for this feature IMO...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any help/answer on this 7-day trial issue? I am experiencing the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old version was easy to rotate pages when they had been scanned sideways.  There is no such command on the DC version just these choices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No version of Reader had the option of permanently rotating pages, just the (temporal) page view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really? Well, that's a bummer.  How can I rotate then, is there a way?  some plug in somewhere? Seems a simple and necessary part of a pdf.  I use that far more than editing a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's no way of doing it in the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can modify the tool bar to include the page rotate as part of the page display tools in Reader DC.

customToolBarVeiwTools.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand where you are finding that drop down menu.  I can't find that.

Also, I just clicked on the Tools in AARDC and what a disorganized mess!  I can't read all those icons.  I doubt I'll even go back there ever again.

I have been using Mac since 1984. Why all these constant upgrades. I am about to toss it out the window, enough already!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the pages navigation panel and click on the pages icon. Select one or more pages to rotate and use the right mouse click to bring up the context menu:

AcrobatRotatePage.jpg

Select the "Rotate Papges..." to open the pop-up window with your rotation options:

AcrobatRotatePage2.jpeg

Select the action to take and click the OK button.

With Acrobat X on the Tools panel has an Organize pages tool that includes the rotation tools and you can rotate individual pages or groups of pages but only 90 degrees right or left.

AcrobatRotatePage3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can we get rid of this 7 days trial pop-up?

what are newer versions doing when hitting the "rotate" icon?

we are currently on 2021.007.20091 @Windows Server 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the View menu instead of the right-click menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't get rid of it, have to use the menu, at least it is still working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can right-mouse-click anywhere on the page and the "rotate clockwise" command will appear.  Click on that and the entire document will rotate.  But alas... like other posters have stated, it is temporary and you can't save or print the file in that configuration which is a bit infuriating.  I guess Adobe wants you to pay for those features now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free Reader does not allow you to modify PDF files. There is no way around that. Rotating a page permanently would require you to save the modified data back to the PDF file, and therefore does not work in Reader. Changing the view is something that happens only in your viewer, and nothing gets written back to the PDF document on our disk, and that's why this works in Reader as well. As was explained before this was never possible in Reader, so I don't understand why you claim that

"I guess Adobe wants you to pay for those features now"

You always had to pay for this feature, this is nothing new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines