• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to do a global Search and Replace Styles?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2008 Dec 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to do a global Search and Replace styles in Robohelp HTML?

Tia

- avi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi avi.

Are you talking about replacing a style or changing the characteristics of a style? If you are just trying to change from one style to another, a find and replace tool will do this. You may have to look carefully at the find expression used in case the HTML differs (e.g. inline styles, line breaks) but some experimentation will stand you well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am talking about replacing StyleA with StyleB for all topics within an RH project.
I looked at the Mult-File Find and Replace tool, and it does not seem to offer this feature.
Should I rather be looking elsewhere?

tia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH's in built find and replace tool isn't really up to doing what you want. You'd be better looking for a third party solution. FAR is my personal favourite. It is cheap and does a whole multitude of tasks. Another option is BK ReplaceEm which is free and is used by others on these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avi

Are you expecting to find something that expressly offers Find and Replace Styles? It doesn't work that way. The tool will look at the code and replace StyleA with StyleB if those are the text strings you define.

Do back up the project first. These tools save hours of work but can also wreck your project in seconds.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Are you expecting to find something that expressly offers Find and Replace Styles?
Yeeessss! Just like Word.

Ok, so it's a text search.
Btw, I have been finding that doing a text search in RH's HMTL view doesn't find the things I want.

- avi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It should do when searching a single topic. For multi file find and replace, as Colum says, the RH tool is the best one around.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> FAR is my personal favourite
>> BK ReplaceEm which is free

These r both plug-ins to RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peter says, they do require some knowledge of the underlying HTML. For example put simply, search for a <H1> tag and replace it with a <H2> tag. Bear in mind that you'll also have to do a find and replace on the closing tags (e,g, </H1> tag and replace it with a </H2> tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp