• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link Error "Source is empty"

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens randomly when dragging a sequence from Premiere to AME.

Happens more often when dragging several sequences.

2018 seems to have plenty of bugs...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris_z77,

Sorry for the issue. Please share us the exact dot versions of both the applications.

Instructions: FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

And also, more information related to the machine FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 12.0.0 (Build 224)

AME 12.0 (Build 202)

iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017)

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

4.2 Ghz Intel core i7

64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8GB

Anything specific you would like to know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chris_z77,

Thanks for the information. Both Premiere Pro & Media Encoder are updated to the same version & there shouldn't be an issue with Dynamic Link unless if something is blocking it.

Please check the Permissions are set properly: fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Also, check if the firewall or Antivirus are blocking it. If possible, test by disabling the both.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

Permissions are set to read/write for all users already. Firewall and Antivirus are already disabled.

As I mentioned earlier, This issue is happening at random, mostly when selecting and dragging several sequences. Saving the project is what helps the most, but it's not efficient.

Example. If im dragging 20 sequences, It takes the first 2-3 and then gives 17-18 errors "Source is empty". hit Command+s, and try again, it takes another 2-3 and gives 14-16 errors, and so on.

Also, sometimes it does not do anything when dragging. It's really at random, but for sure there is a dynamic link issue between Premiere and AME. This issue was not present in the earlier versions,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same 'source is empty' dragging from After Effects 2018 to Media Encoder 2018.

Media Encoder 2017 was working for a while with After Effects 2018... but that work around is over.

Just put mp4 and H264's back in AE pretty please. Cherry on top.

TH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message when I drag a comp from AE 2024 to ME 2024. I can't send renders from AE to ME however I can send renders from PR to ME. I have the most updated versions of all programs and tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

Sorry about the issue. Could you try some suggestions mentioned here? If this doesn't help try: https://adobe.ly/3v8P3oq

Let us know how it goes. Happy to help.

Thanks,

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines