• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transparent background

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a transparent unlocked layer as the background layer. The second layer also shows as transparent in the layers panel. It has a white background on the art board. Not sure why but whatever.

I would normally just select the white and delete and bam! transparent.

This is not working in Photoshop CC. Eraser doesn't work either. The eraser TECHNICALLY works cause it erases my artwork. Just not the white background.

It shows as transparent in the panel. It's rasterized. It's not locked. There's got to be another setting I'm missing. I never had issues deleting a simple white background until I started using the newest photoshop version.

Someone please help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

It sounds like the document you created is a web/artboard.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.20.31.png

Try creating a new art and illustration document or print document (eg international paper) then drag your artwork into it.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.24.46.png

Hope this helps,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its possible you have a layer below the background layer. The background layer does not support transparency. The layer will say background and have a padlock on it. You can click the padlock or drag it to the trash can to convert the background layer to a normal layer. Then it will support transparency.

It this does not work, capture your entire screen with the layers panel open any collapsed layers expanded so we can see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 6.13.17 AM.png

As you can see, it appears transparent. But it's not. It's white on the art board. Also still has a white background when saved as a .png as I did check that out to be sure it wasn't just a display thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 6.15.48 AM.png

Sorry, full screenshot so you can see the white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the document you created is a web/artboard.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.20.31.png

Try creating a new art and illustration document or print document (eg international paper) then drag your artwork into it.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.24.46.png

Hope this helps,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah you have an art board. If you don't need the art board, right click on the art board word and select ungroup art board. That will remove the art board then you will see the transparent background.

I think there is a way to force the art board to be transparent, but it is escaping me at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you guys, this was the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines