Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Packager Will Not Install .msi of Acrobat

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am a frustrated new customer and just got out of a bad chat experience with a technician so hoping the community can be a bit more helpful.

I have created several different creative cloud packages. One with ALL Adobe products and another one with just Adobe Acrobat. I have tried 32 bit and 64 bit and tested over 3 Windows 10 machines which includes a machine that was just reformatted and contained no history of Any Adobe products. Unfortunately, Adobe Acrobat is never installed on any of these packages; regardless of the configuration I select.

I should say it works perfectly fine for MAC packages. In addition, if I manually go to a computer and run the .exe package to install Adobe Acrobat it will work. However, who wants to do that on a several hundred computer network?

I could use some help on how to get a .msi package to correctly start to deploy Adobe Acrobat as part of my bundled package or a standalone.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi technologyd94833456

Please check this link and follow the instructions.

Learn how to deploy Acrobat Pro or Standard for team Single App

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not relevant to the CC Acrobat Pro 17. The Customization wizard is not relevant for the new versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about they make this work like all of the other CC apps. Everything else deploys perfectly. I end up with a black screen every time and every way I deploy Acrobat Pro in SCCM. Even tried making the gui pop up with no success. This is a major issue for many shops. How can I get this thing installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidt191088 ,,

Can you help me with some information here.

1. have you created an Acrobat DC only package using Creative cloud packager ?

2. If so can you share the package info file with us.

Try this.

Before you start installing Acrobat end all the adobe processes from backend and then deploy the package and share the results with us.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent weeks on this with myself and another colleague. We work in schools and cannot simply manually install or license them. Looks like I have made some progress from the 2015 deployment to make sense of the 2017 version. Every forum on your site recommends the obsolete Adobe Customization Wizard. After some playing around I think I have it working. I have had to do this with 2 application deployments and setting one as a dependency.

I downloaded the CC package with Acrobat only and it adds the CC app as well. ( I suspect this is the problem)

First install this to get the app installed in a trial state without CC app:

\Build\Setup\APRO17.0\Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe

Deployment Program command:

"Setup.exe" /sAll /rs /msi EULA_ACCEPT=YES /qn

Finally run the CC MSI from the root dir: (make the setup.exe a dependancy so it runs first)

\Build\Adobe Acrobat DC (17) (MSI from CC App Downloader)

Deployment Program command:

msiexec /i "Adobe Acrobat DC (17).msi" /qn

This last step licenses it with your CC license. As a test you can run the first application as a test and you should see it install but as you to log in. No black screen.

Once the last app runs it is licensed and you're good from there.

NO BLACK SCREEN, may ask for a restart after but doesn't force due to the /rs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me if there is a new Customization Wizard for the 17 track? Would like to disable updates and a few other things and can't use the old versions to make the MST files.

~Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Enterprise Deployment (Acrobat and Reader) forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Customization Wizard DC unlike it's predecessors does not need a different version to handle both the 2015 and 2017 versions.  You can use the one referenced in the ETK.

First,  Acrobat DC is no longer an "Exception" in the Creative Cloud apps and no longer lives in the Exceptions folder in the Creative Cloud Packager's install package. 

Second, If you install Acrobat DC as part of the Creative Cloud it should install just from the setup.exe or MSI file in the package that CCP creates.

Deploy Adobe packages with SCCM

Third, If you want to avoid the whole CCP packaging, then you can use the CC serial number in the Adobe Customization Wizard DC and their is a checkbox for that in the interface.  From there you can use the Acrobat Setup.exe or MSI file to install via SCCM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you one issue is that most current SCCM admins do not want to use packages anymore. Applications are the way to do it since you can detect MSI GUIDs or exe versions. I am doing this with my setup now. I will work on trying out the MSI only but still was getting a blank screen when the process finishes. Users cannot deal with that. Why can't we get this deployment to work like all of the other CC apps? Every other CC app deploys flawlessly with little work. Acrobat Pro has been an animal for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also that link to the SCCM deploy is for 2007. May wanna update that a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are you installing Creative Cloud package using the msi file of setup.exe?

Installing via msi file will not install Acrobat. Please run main  setup.exe inside "Build" folder in the package to install complete package.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless that setup.exe supports a silent switch then that's not rather Enterprise friendly.  Why would Acrobat be allowed to be part of the Creative Cloud bundle yet the .msi installs everything BUT Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setup.exe do support silent mode. "--silent" switch can be used to silently install the package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what is the official uninstall string?  Why do you build a MSI but require the exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines