Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects won't launch Mac OS 10.11.06

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have some issues with after effects CC, it won't launch and displays the following message: After Effects (alert): Failed to create the directory / Users / ...... / Library / Preferences / Adobe / After Effects / 15.0 / OriginalWorkspace. Check the protection or permissions of the parent directory

(I have translated the message which is originally in french).

Did someone has this kind of issue? Knowing that I don't have access to any library file on my local space, it seems that everything is on the cloud but I only can access to the preferences on Creative cloud which don't allow me to do anything effective.

Thanks for your help.

Frederic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Frederic,

Failed to create the directory / Users / ...... / Library / Preferences / Adobe /

In that location rename the 'Adobe' folder to 'OldAdobe'. Launch After Effects and see if it works

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederic,

Failed to create the directory / Users / ...... / Library / Preferences / Adobe /

In that location rename the 'Adobe' folder to 'OldAdobe'. Launch After Effects and see if it works

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines