• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IndesignCC 2018 (+ illustrator) no longer scales by dragging corners - HELP

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since OS Security update (12.12.17) and updating to Indesign 2018 (and back installing to 2017 version), the everyday and very useful scaling by dragging corners of text/object/image boxes while holding down cmd/shift has stopped working. Can't find pref or anything on support boards.

Any one got a fix please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

I would try resetting your preferences to start. http://indesignsecrets.com/rebuilding-indesign-preferences.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try resetting your preferences to start. http://indesignsecrets.com/rebuilding-indesign-preferences.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PERFECT - thank you Chad. I'm such a dork!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all! I can't tell you how many times I've fought with a problem until a colleague suggested resetting the preferences and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOLD UP - text box scaled twice, image once and now BANG - all gone again. Even magnifying glass shortcut has gone.

HUH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly perhaps but maybe worth checking if your cmd key is on the fritz by plugging in a different keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No good - tried 2. My colleague has similar object scaling issues in illustrator !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird that it worked a few times and then stopped, can't go deleting your prefs every 3 times you scale something. In your preferences, are your settings for scaling still set right? I will add a screenshot from my preferences but it's in dutch.

Schermafbeelding 2017-12-12 om 14.47.29.png

My own solution to basically everything is deleting prefs and keeping my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tiekerz - i have the same settings.

For a moment i thought it might be KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS so went to set back to Quark4.0 (old skool me!) but no go.

Deleted prefs again but its still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH and magnify, duplicate etc shortcuts don't work. Basically most shortcuts are gone - anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Justin, we've seen other applications conflicting with the modifier keys in the Adobe applications. Common culprits are browsers, browser extensions, tablet drivers, anti-virus and anti-malware applications. To test this theory, reboot your computer and only open InDesign. Pay attention to the applications that auto-load after a reboot as well. For most folks, once they start thinking about it, they can identify the offending application.

Image Scaling Problem?​ (tablet driver)

Indesign CC: SHIFT KEY NOT WORKING (anti-virus)

Shift + Option shortcuts not recognized in Indesign CC 2017 for Mac  (security agent program)

Indesign shortcuts doesn`t work​ (anti-virus)

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb - After restarting everything seems fine but Chrome did re-open and i think that might be issue. All shortcuts are now working in indesign 2018... watch this space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have time to circle back to let us know which app is causing the conflict, it will help us help others down the road.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines