• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Android Usability Issues

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In "rate and review" viewing mode, if you use the phone in Landscape orientation, and want to browse on pics after another full screen, that is not possible.

Tap once - and the controls and "filmstrip" at the bottom of the screen disappear. But, if you swipe to shift to next image, it shrinks as though the bottom filmstrip were displayed, but the filmstrip is NOT displayed. Empty black space appears at the bottom in place of the filmstrip and the image becomes smaller. That is a plain bug, nobody at Adobe seems to care. IT IS NOT present in IOS version, so it is only Android that suffers from it. You may see the attached video as illustration. November 17, 2017 - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this is happening to me as well on Android. Hopefully, the Devs are aware of the issue.

Adobe does not make it easy to submit feedback through the app let alone report bugs.

I thought about leaving a product review in the Play Store since that is a way to leave feedback for developers — at least if you are a beta tester for an application; I cannot find a link to become a beta tester for Lightroom CC on Android.

**Update**

I found this email in the Play Store under Developer > Send Email at the bottom of the product description page.

LrAndroid-Feedback@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They could not care less for user-reported issues. That could be OK, if that were minor bugs. However, Android LR contains a couple of crucial ones, no. 1 being the color shift between preview and edit mode. Images in preview mode look very different from what you see in edit mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We actually do care about user-reported issues, sorry to hear you feel that we don't.

Thanks a lot for sharing this video, it's really helpful to see both of the issues you reported being shown. I'll make sure that the team is addressing these issues.

-josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but I have serious grounds to feel that way. Firstly, you have made it exceedingly difficult to report bugs, since following the "help and support" option from LR mobile app does not lead you to any available route to report an issue. It all ends in a user forums, etc. NO WAY TO REPORT DIRECTLY TO ADOBE.

Secondly, I have already reported this issue via the Google Play Store feedback, and had an Adobe engineer named Arnab Sil contact me. I gave him full report, he promised to "engage the groups" and then disappeared and stopped responding to any further messages. This was in August 2017, and the bug is still there, blatant and glaring as it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. And yes, you're right, it is difficult to file a bug. These support forums are supposed to be the best way to provide feedback, I'll work with the customer support team to figure out how to prevent these types of problems from happening.

I also work with Arnab directly and will see what happened with your initial conversation. I'm sorry that we dropped the ball with your issue.

-Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think I was able to track down the email conversation in question, and actually Arnab was waiting for a response to an additional inquiry to you.

In any regard, the issue in question has been resolved and will be available in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What issue did you mean? The usability, reported by me in this thread? It is minor. The main issue is color shifts that I have reported in another thread.  Lightroom Android color shifting bug

How about that? When will it be fixed? Why did not you reply to that thread! Amazing “attention“ from Adobe to mission critical bugs! You claim Lightroom was created for photographers by photographers, and yet you ship with bugs only a blind man can miss!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katrinam26204257  wrote

...the color shift between preview and edit mode. Images in preview mode look very different from what you see in edit mode.

Are the images that you shot, are they in sRGB or ProPhoto RGB or any other color space other than sRGB?

The only reason why I ask is that I was noticing the same thing — inside Google Photos. Images that I have edited and exported from Lightroom and then later uploaded to Google Photos, would have the color shift as your video demonstrates because I was exporting out in ProPhoto RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post in correct thread, here we do not discuss the color shift issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines