• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is "Creative Cloud" desktop app still offering to install both Beta and Final versions of "Character Animator CC"?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone shed some light on why my "Creative Cloud" desktop app (Windows 10 Pro) is still offering to install the Beta version of "Character Animator CC" when I have the final version already installed?

Character Animator CC (Beta).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FMIC,

I do not see Beta version still available at my end.

Please sign-out and sign-in into Creative Cloud desktop app.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DId as you suggested by it is still there. I also tried shutting down completely and restarting the machine again, but it is still there - no change!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific versions of After Effects do you have installed right now?

I'm assuming you don't have any previous version of Character Animator (Beta, Preview 4, or Preview) installed on disk?

I'll need to check with some other folks to investigate why the Beta version is listed in your configuration. For now, of course, just ignore it, and only install updates for the app listed as "Character Animator CC". We just released Version 1.1.1 last night, so it should appear as an update, assuming you haven't already installed it. You can use the Check for App Updates command in the menu (three dots to the right of your avatar in the Creative Cloud application), and hover over the "Character Animator CC" name to see what version is either currently installed or available for installation.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you also have older versions of After Effects and Character Animator installed in your C:\Program Files\Adobe\ folder, that'd be good to know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in previous post and I quote:

I have the latest "After Effects CC 2018" installed, not 2017 and the latest "Character Animator CC 2018" installed as well. Plus I am running the latest version 1709 build 16299.98 of Windows 10 Pro.

Also, I don't have any older versions installed (checked both 32-bit and 64-bit folders), and so did the follwoing as an extra check:

• Uninstalled "Character Animator" completedly and deleted any remaining files or folders.
  • Uninstalled "After Effects" completely and deleted any remaining files or folders.
  • Signed out of Adobe on Creative Cloud app.
  • Shutdown PC
  • Restarted and signed in again, but the two options (Final and Beta) were still there.
  • So proceed to reinstall both the applications previously uninstalled.

Also, as a reference, my level of techical expertise is very high, as I am a C/C++ Software Developer by trade at both the Application and OS levels, since 1986.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't see your post come in while I was writing my previous post.

I'll reply again after I can get more information from other teams about why it's showing both. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will await any further development on the issue!

G
M
T
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go into the Creative Cloud application's Preferences (from the menu), then Creative Cloud tab and Apps subtab, is the "Show Older Apps" option checked? If so, try unchecking it, to see if that hides the Beta app. I don't think you need to sign out & back in afterwards, but if it's still showing, try that, too. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, disabling "Show Older Apps" does hide the Beta version! However, that cannot be considered a "solution" as it is in fact an incorrect implementation (or even a bug), to consider a "beta" version as an "older" version! Wouldn't you agree?

EDIT: Plus I don't see "beta" versions for other recent "final" applications, only this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have After Effects CC 2017 installed, you might see Character Animator CC (Beta) available to install because that was the version available with that version of AE. Also, it's available in case you cannot update to the latest version of Character Animator CC yet because you're still on macOS 10.10 or the first version of Windows 10, which are not supported with the latest version (Adobe Character Animator CC System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows​).

Do you have After Effects CC 2017 still installed?

If you don't have it installed, the Beta version of Character Animator CC shouldn't be listed, but do let us know if that's not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest "After Effects CC 2018" installed, not 2017 and the latest "Character Animator CC 2018" installed as well. Plus I am running the latest version 1709 build 16299.98 of Windows 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines