• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC - CC2017 interface glitch on Mac OS X

Participant ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I reset the default InDesign interface aspect? It shows ugly banding in a lot of panels (see attached screenshot). I completely deleted all preferences related to InDesign from my library, and updated from CC2015 to CC2016 and lately to CC2017. I'm using a Retina Macbook late 2015 with 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.12.4Captura de pantalla 2017-05-06 a las 12.08.14.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Well, finally a solution! It only shows when connecting two monitors! And as a professional, I ALWAYS work with a two monitors environment: my MacBook Pro + external monitor or my iMac + attached monitor. ONLY if I use a Mac without a second monitor does the interface shows ok.

So please, Adobe, take a look at it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also tried to create another user account to start with fresh preferences, but still the same issue... So I think it's located (the error) inside some common Adobe preferences file (maybe /Library). I don't think its located inside the app folder, because the glitch is the same in InDesign CC2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instructions to reset preferences is here:

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you do anything, turn off GPU acceleration in your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BobLevine Done, but glitch still present

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences, but glitch still present... As I discovered by creating a new Mac OS X user account, the problem is also in a new blank account, so deleting preferences in user account has nothing to do to solve this problem. Maybe someone knows which system files control the interface...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed InDesign CC2018 in a brand new MacBook Pro 15" with Touch Bar... same ugly results!!! No one has the same issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond turning of GPU performance, it would appear not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it could only be related to my Adobe CC account? How? Is there any hidden setting that downloads when I log into my account in a completely new Macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, finally a solution! It only shows when connecting two monitors! And as a professional, I ALWAYS work with a two monitors environment: my MacBook Pro + external monitor or my iMac + attached monitor. ONLY if I use a Mac without a second monitor does the interface shows ok.

So please, Adobe, take a look at it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines