• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Animate CC 2018] - Custom HTML components disappeared, how?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update to CC 2018 my custom HTML5 components are gone. So I checked the %APPDATA% folder and saw that there is a new folder created which is "Animate CC 2018" instead of 2017. So I copied my components from the 2017 folder to the 2018 folder. (Folder locations based on: https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/custom-html5-component-development.html )

- Old location: AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2017\en_US\Configuration\HTML5Components

- New location: AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\HTML5Components

After reboot Animate still doesn't load the components.

@Adobe: Would it be possible to select the path/folder of the HTML components in the "Preferences" of AnimateCC???

What am I doing wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

I tried to 'Reload Components' but it didn't work. After that I added only the example component to the HTML5Components folder. This also didn't work.

I fixed it for now by copying the components from the %Appdata% location to the installation folder of AnimateCC itself. This did the trick but I'm afraid that with a new update the components are gone.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you synced to the Creative Cloud? Can you try downloading preferences from the Cloud?

Synchronize Animate CC Preferences with Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm currently not synced with the Creative Cloud. I have to look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After relaunching Animate CC, it reloads all components present inside HTML5Components folder. Please try 'Reload Components' option under components panel menu. Also you can try with sample custom component available at : Example of a HTML5 custom component  and check if it is loading in Animate CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to 'Reload Components' but it didn't work. After that I added only the example component to the HTML5Components folder. This also didn't work.

I fixed it for now by copying the components from the %Appdata% location to the installation folder of AnimateCC itself. This did the trick but I'm afraid that with a new update the components are gone.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines