• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files will not import "Not Writable" Error, can someone help?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues finding already imported images and folder problems so decided to remove them and start again. I am trying to import images to be hit with this message for every image type and every folder destination. What does this mean how do I fix this?

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum by a moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

You need to use your operating system features to check the properties of the destination folder to ensure that  the folder has both read and write permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use your operating system features to check the properties of the destination folder to ensure that  the folder has both read and write permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Do you know the steps to access operating system features and check folder has permission to read and write or how to change its features.? I am having the same problem and don't know how to get into these steps in order to make changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Windows, you use the Windows File Explorer, "properties" on the selected file/folder.

Similarly with a Mac using Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines